? servers

? players online

Invisible Hands

• Content Count:  4441

Last thread we stopped looking for a fix due to our servers getting fucked for trying to fix this. It's been almost 2 months, can we please look into what method other servers are using to fix this without getting fucked over by Valve? Maybe reach out to other communities and have the BD's carefully choose what we're going to do instead of adding something impulsively like last time?

It seems really fucking pointless to wait for a CS:GO update to fix this.

Spent like 2 minutes searching and found this, not sure if this has already been tried but testing it separately or networking a bit is better than doing nothing at this point.

• Content Count:  8756

We'll have to bring it up on the table. There are many plugins that actually do fix the problem but we just don't know which ones are either kosher or "undetectable" by Valve. We'll need to look at other communities like you said to see what they're doing as well; while we do this, I've requested an update to the valve ticket I already had open on this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

Honestly I'd be hesitant to do anything, as right now we are on @Prez's server tokens the decision will be left up to him. If they were mine I wouldn't be willing to risk the ban. It seems that Valve will do whatever they want when ever they want and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves and their ever growing bank account funded by kids buying fake items.

Here's the kicker in the whole thing. Its very possible other servers are currently using the same plugin we did, and maybe we are the only ones to get either "reported" or ping'ed because maybe it has another unseen issue with another plugin.

Again, I'm leaving this decision up to @Prez, but I'd figured I'd put my 2 cents in on this.

• Content Count:  2668

Honestly I'd be hesitant to do anything, as right now we are on @Prez's server tokens the decision will be left up to him. If they were mine I wouldn't be willing to risk the ban. It seems that Valve will do whatever they want when ever they want and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves and their ever growing bank account funded by kids buying fake items.

Here's the kicker in the whole thing. Its very possible other servers are currently using the same plugin we did, and maybe we are the only ones to get either "reported" or ping'ed because maybe it has another unseen issue with another plugin.

Again, I'm leaving this decision up to @Prez, but I'd figured I'd put my 2 cents in on this.

I agree with Spiked on this. It's not really a situation that we want to use trial and error to solve.

On top of that, in my opinion, the invisible hands problem is not really a problem. If the guns were invisible, that's one thing, but the hands are purely cosmetic. I don't think we should really worry about it unless it was breaking an important function/plugin such as SB. If it is truly a problem for someone, they can opt out of using a custom model.

Reply to Thread