? servers

? players online

This is about the T circle glitch on TTT

• Content Count:  484

First of all, I wanna ask why it happens and when.

Second, can you be slayed if you kill your t buddy and you didn't see the circle because an admin I don't want to name slayed one guy based on the fact that he thought he was lying about the bug because he kills his t buddies a lot because of the bug. Whether its true or not, can you be slayed for that bug?

Third, is it going to be fixed, if so, then when?

• Content Count:  1401

Its been a known bug for a while now and occurs occasionally/ rarely. When i do see it happen and he/she mentioned not being able to see the red ring i go with a warning, since it is very possible. But if this happens multiple times with the same person I will take actions. It can happen once, but several rounds in a row is pretty absurd. If anything you should always check chat when the roles are picked, so you see who exactly your t buddies are.

Just saying my warning is a more verbal warning in this case. Other admins may see it differently and go with a slay (which is a warning as well), since this glitch doesn't happen that much in general and the glitch can be abused as a reason for rdm'ing.

This has been discussed several times already, such as here

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1654

Just like what @Suri said, when I come across someone killing their t buddy and they respond by being apologetic and not knowing about the red circle glitch when questioned, I just give them a warning and tell them that when they are T's too try and remember the names of their T buddies. If the same person was a T next round and gave the same excuse then I would take action and slay him. Already had done this many times but I never had to take serious action like banning someone for the glitch.

I recommend for everyone who plays TTT to remember the names of your T buddies so rdms like this are avoided more. @TheRealOGNanoHawk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5108

To be honest @TheRealOGNanoHawk, you could have just mentioned me.

I slayed a player earlier named Marcjanik for RDMing his T buddy. He has been banned multiple times in the past for RDMing/Racism. He claimed he hadn't seen the red circle, however this had been two rounds in a short succession now that he has made excuses for RDMing claiming it was the game's fault. We let him slide for the first offense as the situation went something along the lines of:

[1st Offense] Detective, Marc, and another person grouped up in one area and two off elsewhere on ttt_clue. According to the scoreboard for alive players, all but 5 were alive which means every body on the map had been ID'd. Marc hears someone die (which no one did but I presumed it to be potentially the death noise that occurs when someone first joins a team mid-round) so he figured if no bodies were ID'd and there were two traitors left, the only other two alive beside the Detective were KOS. He didn't account for a Traitor's game crashing (dog) so he killed the other person grouped up with him and the Detective, which was an innocent. This is using good logic to go about playing out the end of the round and was probably a mistake looking back on it now, however @dog and I were skeptical to believe him as he has had a past of outright rulebreaking. After hearing his rebuttal, dog decided to let it slide as it was very possibly a misunderstanding. Prior to this incident, dog had to slay and kick him for RDMing and admin disrespecting only yesterday.

The second situation regarding red circle glitch:

[2nd Offense] Mid-round, after massacring a ton of innocents, the Traitors were closing in on the last few innocents left alive and were holding off in the kitchen. He killed Jarred and when he was asked why he killed him post round in dead chat by Jarred, he said something along the lines of "it's just professionalism." The map was ending and I had once again been conflicted as to how I should act upon what I saw.

We changed the map to ttt_christmastown and I chose to slay him next round for RDMing his T buddy. He exclaimed that it was wrongful for me to slay him as his mistake was made due to a glitch, but I used what I saw as an admin (him RDMing) and regarded the fact that this is now TWICE that he excuses his wrongdoings for bugs within the gamemode/server along with my judgment in order to make the decision to slay him and make it very clear he is on thin ice instead of banning him.

While I do recognize how it is very possible that he did RDM these two individuals by pure accident as a result of the unstable and buggy gamemode, I also do recognize that this is very possible that he was using these as a means of getting past being punished for these actions. I chose the latter as in my mind there was a very unlikely chance that this individual was playing by the rules and was being misguided by some of the bugs/glitches that current reside within our server two rounds almost one after another. Especially after not only a day ago, dog had to deal with him RDMing and as a result of being slain calling him a faggot and saying it is an abuse of power. His prior bans also do not help his case at all either.

I'd like to think I am one of the least ban happy people (at least this time around as an SA) however I know that a player will try to play me like a fiddle in order to continue a spree rulebreaking when no admins are on/when admins are on and therefore only receiving minimal/no flak for his actions due to a lenient nature of some administrators.

• Like 6

Tbh, I would've mentioned you but thats kinda dickish to do imo. But anyways I just wanted to know if they can. I don't want someone to get a false punishment because of the bug in the plugin/game.

• Content Count:  2668

Tbh, I would've mentioned you but thats kinda dickish to do imo. But anyways I just wanted to know if they can. I don't want someone to get a false punishment because of the bug in the plugin/game.

Mistakes happen, however, it tells you who your T buddies are in chat. If you know about this bug, I see no excuse as to why you wouldn't take the initiative of avoiding these situations and using/remembers from chat as not relying on the buggy red circle

• Content Count:  4441

To be honest @TheRealOGNanoHawk, you could have just mentioned me.

I slayed a player earlier named Marcjanik for RDMing his T buddy. He has been banned multiple times in the past for RDMing/Racism. He claimed he hadn't seen the red circle, however this had been two rounds in a short succession now that he has made excuses for RDMing claiming it was the game's fault. We let him slide for the first offense as the situation went something along the lines of:

[1st Offense] Detective, Marc, and another person grouped up in one area and two off elsewhere on ttt_clue. According to the scoreboard for alive players, all but 5 were alive which means every body on the map had been ID'd. Marc hears someone die (which no one did but I presumed it to be potentially the death noise that occurs when someone first joins a team mid-round) so he figured if no bodies were ID'd and there were two traitors left, the only other two alive beside the Detective were KOS. He didn't account for a Traitor's game crashing (dog) so he killed the other person grouped up with him and the Detective, which was an innocent. This is using good logic to go about playing out the end of the round and was probably a mistake looking back on it now, however @dog and I were skeptical to believe him as he has had a past of outright rulebreaking. After hearing his rebuttal, dog decided to let it slide as it was very possibly a misunderstanding. Prior to this incident, dog had to slay and kick him for RDMing and admin disrespecting only yesterday.

The second situation regarding red circle glitch:

[2nd Offense] Mid-round, after massacring a ton of innocents, the Traitors were closing in on the last few innocents left alive and were holding off in the kitchen. He killed Jarred and when he was asked why he killed him post round in dead chat by Jarred, he said something along the lines of "it's just professionalism." The map was ending and I had once again been conflicted as to how I should act upon what I saw.

We changed the map to ttt_christmastown and I chose to slay him next round for RDMing his T buddy. He exclaimed that it was wrongful for me to slay him as his mistake was made due to a glitch, but I used what I saw as an admin (him RDMing) and regarded the fact that this is now TWICE that he excuses his wrongdoings for bugs within the gamemode/server along with my judgment in order to make the decision to slay him and make it very clear he is on thin ice instead of banning him.

While I do recognize how it is very possible that he did RDM these two individuals by pure accident as a result of the unstable and buggy gamemode, I also do recognize that this is very possible that he was using these as a means of getting past being punished for these actions. I chose the latter as in my mind there was a very unlikely chance that this individual was playing by the rules and was being misguided by some of the bugs/glitches that current reside within our server two rounds almost one after another. Especially after not only a day ago, dog had to deal with him RDMing and as a result of being slain calling him a faggot and saying it is an abuse of power. His prior bans also do not help his case at all either.

I'd like to think I am one of the least ban happy people (at least this time around as an SA) however I know that a player will try to play me like a fiddle in order to continue a spree rulebreaking when no admins are on/when admins are on and therefore only receiving minimal/no flak for his actions due to a lenient nature of some administrators.

This man is a bad person and a bad admin. You banned a man for breaking the rules AND you expect us to read your EXPLANATION? What are you fucking CRAZY?

• Like 1

This man is a bad person and a bad admin. You banned a man for breaking the rules AND you expect us to read your EXPLANATION? What are you fucking CRAZY?

I literally only made this thread to clear up a question, if I wanted to make an admin complaint or get him in trouble in any way I would've done it. So chill yourself all ts.

• Content Count:  4441

I literally only made this thread to clear up a question, if I wanted to make an admin complaint or get him in trouble in any way I would've done it. So chill yourself all ts.

It was a joke. lmfao

Reply to Thread