? servers

? players online

Best bang for the buck mics.

• Content Count:  1406

As aome of you know, my current mic setup is juuunk. Its a $10 walmart mic plugged into a walmart branded gaming headset (headset on headset action. Oh ya baby) and ita starting to become unusable.

My question is, what would you guys suggest for a new headset, or even a standalone mic thats under $100? This month is a 3 paycheck month (fuck bi weekly) and i want to add more ram and get a new headset.

Thanks,

Collie

• Content Count:  4441

Audio Technica AT2020, Blue Snowball, Blue Yeti, ModMic (4 or 5) are all within your range I believe. I'm completely against buying a headphones and microphone together (headset) unless you're looking to wander throughout your house with a wireless headset, which down to battery life and general shitty capability I think is not quite there yet.

• Like 2
Edited by All Ts
im gay

Well, my old mic finally died over the weekend (went to join a chat with a friend on LoL and he said my mic was cancer) so on friday, im gonna order up an mpm 2000u and boom. Really likeing the price and reviews. Thanks guys!

Edited by CollieFlower
Im gayer

• Content Count:  11501

I think you should probably narrow down what you want, in terms of microphone / headset combo or stand-alones. In my opinion, people tend to favor one over the other. I would personally never use a standalone microphone again and think it's a waste of money unless you're doing streaming or something else that requires high-end audio-quality (and even then, it'd have to be a microphone that's actually high quality). For sake of convenience, price, and quality that my fragile ears can pick up, a quality combo does the trick for me. I also think it's generally obnoxious hearing 'TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP GULP GULP BREATHING BREATHING BREATHING BREATHING TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP HEY MA THE MEATLOAF' when I'm trying to play a game. Obviously not everyone has it set up this sensitive, but it gets to a point where it's hard to avoid, unless you're constantly muting / unmuting.

You just gotta figure out what your preference is.

I think you should probably narrow down what you want, in terms of microphone / headset combo or stand-alones. In my opinion, people tend to favor one over the other. I would personally never use a standalone microphone again and think it's a waste of money unless you're doing streaming or something else that requires high-end audio-quality (and even then, it'd have to be a microphone that's actually high quality). For sake of convenience, price, and quality that my fragile ears can pick up, a quality combo does the trick for me. I also think it's generally obnoxious hearing 'TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP GULP GULP BREATHING BREATHING BREATHING BREATHING TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP HEY MA THE MEATLOAF' when I'm trying to play a game. Obviously not everyone has it set up this sensitive, but it gets to a point where it's hard to avoid, unless you're constantly muting / unmuting.

You just gotta figure out what your preference is.

I do plan at somepoint being able to do some type of video recording (lets plays or something along those lines) and im tired of having a mic thats right on my head. A basic set of headphones and a standalone mic is going to work better for me, for what i plan on doing with it anyways. I do plan on getting a better mic down the road, but a standalone usb mic will suffice for now giving the fact that i don't have an xlr power setup yet for a better mic (such as the at2020 or at2035).

• Content Count:  796

I do plan at somepoint being able to do some type of video recording (lets plays or something along those lines) and im tired of having a mic thats right on my head. A basic set of headphones and a standalone mic is going to work better for me, for what i plan on doing with it anyways. I do plan on getting a better mic down the road, but a standalone usb mic will suffice for now giving the fact that i don't have an xlr power setup yet for a better mic (such as the at2020 or at2035).
I've been saying this for a while, and on other threads in this forum, but the kotion each g2000 sounds great and has cool leds, and stays relatively comfortable and cool on your head, I'll say the only downside is the fixed mic

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

O sheet you said standalones

I've been saying this for a while, and on other threads in this forum, but the kotion each g2000 sounds great and has cool leds, and stays relatively comfortable and cool on your head, I'll say the only downside is the fixed mic

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

O sheet you said standalones

I dont want to have to deal with a full headset anymore. Just spent $100 on the 2000u, a boom, and a popfilter. Should be here by Friday

Reply to Thread