? servers

? players online

• Content Count:  391

A catwalk (on this server) is referred to a platform that leads to directly to armory. Like the one on vip. So, no. It's not a catwalk.

Most of the time I refer what your talking about on undertale an "upper platform".

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

It's pretty fucking terribly thought out that we have our own special definition of what a "catwalk" is rather than just having catwalks that connect to armory being KOS. People still call them catwalks, literally the order "no ladders, no catwalks" is still pretty widely used so I'm fairly sure we could go in and reword the sentence in "What is Rebelling" then in the Clarifications (which I don't understand why clarification isn't just the FAQ) reword the Catwalks section. To tag along, it makes no sense to me that we have the clarifications post under the rules- even knowing it's there sometimes myself I forget when I'm double checking something.

I've seen countless times where someone will gun a Prisoner down for being on a catwalk because they're KOS, then being like "isn't this a catwalk?". Then I, as the admin have to explain how the "Catwalks are defined as solid walking platforms that connect directly to the armory. If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to the armory, then it isn't one."

Unless defining all of them as catwalks is some way to avoid some issue I am missing, can we get these few changes for more clarity?

@Nimmy @delirium @Jake

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2001

As per the rules a catwalk is: Catwalks are defined as solid walking platforms that connect directly to the armory. If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to the armory, then it isn't one.

I know the rules are really weird and the wording in honestly terrible. In January when I am on break from college I will be working on rewriting and redoing all the threads. Some of our rules are really stupid, have too much wording, confusing, there are threads that should just be combined into one ect. I have a plan and this is one of the things on my list that I'd like to change.

I will be posting my draft of the rework (Don't worry not changing anything major) on the forums for critique and opinions once it is done. No ETA on that right now though.

Also, I'd like to actually set up a meeting time for the community to come in and help me and the other JB AOs on this. I'll be planning this as soon as exams are done.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread