? servers

? players online

We should have a discord

• Content Count:  2162

My opinion is that discord would be great for SG to just have a place where people can easily find an admin if someone is abusing the rules on a server without having to wait for someone to respond to !calladmin or have somebody pm an admin to get the server back to its fun and playable state.

If SG does end up getting a discord, i feel that it should mainly be used for situations such as rule breakers, or glitches in maps, or even just problems with the server, for people to go and chat and explain the issue so the admin doesnt have to get 500 people screaming at them as to what happened when they join the server and have to try and pick out bits and pieces from the chatter.

Alternatively, there could be a place in the discord server for finding people to play on one of the servers so they dont have to wait an hour before they have enough people to play an enjoyable game.

I feel the problem with TS is not that it is old but rather that it does not support text chat very well where a good amount of people do not have a mic, so they tend to not like it or steer towards something more user friendly such as discord which was designed with gaming in mind.

PS. Sorry I kinda rambled on, just giving my opinion on the matter

• Content Count:  559

I mean whats the point to having two? We obviously have lots of people on our teamspeak, and it is easy to use / downlod. Discord would just split everybody up....

And what @survivor7777 said in the first couple of paragraphs is the reason that we have teamspeak... you are just stating things we have already, and saying we need to have something that we have..

• Content Count:  1469

Discord has more future potential then teamspeak since you can do way more things on discord then teamspeak such as @everyone and get everyone’s attention and tell everyone about future updates or changes. There are also small things such as music bot or bots who have a point system of how much ur on the discord server (people might abuse this and spam chats just to get points) . However discord doesn’t have as much privacy as teamspeak provides since they don’t have their own individual channel chats there is just one big group chat or one big staff chat. So pretty much discord is just more interactive with the player base and gets the community more in line with each other and puts people out of their own comfort zone and let’s people explore the community or know player base more then teamspeak since you can do stuff other then just have a chat with other people. But I don’t think many of the long time regulars will use the discord server as much as the newer people who have just joined sg and need some people to play with or the oppsite could happen which is how the shoutbox is like currently where it’s hard for new comers to fit in since everything is just set in stone. But it won’t hurt anyone if we give it a try though

• Like 1
Edited by Takuto

• Content Count:  570

However discord doesn’t have as much privacy as teamspeak provides since they don’t have their own individual channel chats there is just one big group chat or one big staff chat.

I honestly dont think that this is a problem since discord already has a friends list and private calls/dms that easily solve this issue

Reply to Thread