? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [January 12th, 2018]

• Content Count:  5108

Is there a phrase/word you have been using the wrong way for a large period of time and only recently discovered that's not the way it's meant to be said/written?

For example, I sometimes still catch myself using 'I could care less' as I used that for a long while until someone told me that it's not the correct way of saying it lol.

• Like 2
Edited by eXtr3m3

• Content Count:  2579

Not myself, but it seems a good portion of native speakesr tend to mix your/you're, then/than, could have/could of

I was personally struck when I realized lighting and lightning weren't exactly the same thing when mapping on Hammer.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1423

It's funny you said that's the phrase you say wrong because I tend to be the dick who always corrects people who say it. :p hmmm I know I've always said "you've got another thing coming" but the actual phrase is "you've got another think coming" which seems odd to me but apparently that's the correct way to say it. However saying what I say is normally better in most situations anyways so i just say it anyways.

• Content Count:  4441

People that use ironic wrong.

when people say ‘irregardless’, ‘literally’ in the wrong form, or ‘all Intensive purposes’...i want to vomit from my ears.

These things literally make me vomit from my ears but for all intensive purposes irregardless is a word.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread