? servers

? players online

Open Testing

• Content Count:  2668

@Gator Just wondering if the new Timer was going to be added soon, or if you were still trying to fix it up a bit. It seemed fine the way you had it, just was curious as to why it wasnt put on the actual Surf Server yet

I've been really busy IRL and haven't had time to change it over. I'll try to get it done next week when I get home from vacation.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

What do you guys think of combining this with bhop eventually. I've noticed that we don't have a lot of things that draw players to other surf/bhop servers so combining them might help player retention and save money on hosting.

• Content Count:  2162

What do you guys think of combining this with bhop eventually. I've noticed that we don't have a lot of things that draw players to other surf/bhop servers so combining them might help player retention and save money on hosting.

Dont think this would be too good because people who want to surf might be forced to bhop and vice versa. Also SG has dedicated servers so it woildnt really effect the cost from what I understand. Overall, dont think this is too good of an idea, and I have thought of it before myself but I just recently realized the small flaw in the system. That and the timer plugins would have to be able to work with both gamemodes

I suppose that makes sense. From my perspective servers such as bhop, my, and soon surf act as an agent for current members of the server, who joined from our more popular servers (TTT, PB, ZE, etc.) go to hang out. I'm fairly confident in why this is the case, if you'd like to know. Anyways, if you guys don't have a problem with that, it's fine, but if you guys want to bring more population into these servers, there's some changes that need made.

@Gator @LampShade Alright, I'm gonna agree with you on this simply because I have never run a server and I can't play out hypotheticals. However, other servers have very lax rules for mic usage and allow every user access to !knife and !ws. While I wouldn't advocate for changing our mic policy (not that it would be changed anyways, what do you guys think of giving non-subs access to !knife and certain models while restricting !ws and other models to sub and vip in order to compete with other servers while keeping incentive for people to sub?

• Content Count:  2668

Thank you to everyone who got on the server and especially to those who gave feedback on the new plugin! I'm going to be trying to get the new plugin moved to the server in the new few days.

One thing I want to note is the changes in the rank system. You most likely won't retain your current rank and points. If anyone thinks these values should be tweaked, let me know and I'll see what I can do, but this is how the new point system will work:

Map completion points

Tier 1: 25

Tier 2: 50

Tier 3: 100

Tier 4: 200

Tier 5: 400

Tier 6: 600

Map ranking points

Tier 1: WR = (1.75 * Number of Completes) / 6

Tier 2: WR = (2.8 * Number of Completes) / 5

Tier 3: WR = MAX(350, (3.5 * Number of Completes) / 4)

Tier 4: WR = MAX(400, (5.74 * Number of Completes) / 4)

Tier 5: WR = MAX(500, (7 * Number of Completes) / 4)

Tier 6: WR = MAX(600, (14 * Number of Completes) / 4)

There is also points given based on a map ranking improvement for those above the 50% percentile but not in the top 10. I haven't looked into this much yet, so I'll give more detail on that after the plugin gets more use.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread