? servers

? players online

Cardioid Mic suggestions

• Content Count:  820

I havent used it personally, but from what I've gathered in reading/talking to people all their products are spot on.

Well if I have buyers remorse when I get my Razer mic, I’ll return it and probably go with the yeti nano. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Content Count:  353

I would stay away from Blue Yeti microphones at your price range. If you are looking for something $50-$99 then maybe a Blue microphone would be the right choice. I dont see why you wouldnt go with anything but Shure (ie. SM58) or Audio-Technica (ie. AT2020) at that price range and maybe purchase yourself an audio interface to go with it.

• Like 1

I would stay away from Blue Yeti microphones at your price range. If you are looking for something $50-$99 then maybe a Blue microphone would be the right choice. I dont see why you wouldnt go with anything but Shure (ie. SM58) or Audio-Technica (ie. AT2020) at that price range and maybe purchase yourself an audio interface to go with it.

AT2020 and audio interface getting a bit pricey for me. I’m looking for something more plug and play. I’ll take a look at the AT2020 usb+ later today and do some research on that. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• Content Count:  265

So I do work at Music & Arts and if things are getting pricey and we have it, I can work some discounts for you. Feel free to pass up the offer though, just thought I'd throw it out there.

So I do work at Music & Arts and if things are getting pricey and we have it, I can work some discounts for you. Feel free to pass up the offer though, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Wow man, I’ll defenitely keep that in mind! I’m checking out the website right now... and even if I don’t use it right now I’ll probably end up using this company in the future! Thanks!

His budget was 150 he could definitely get a yeti or snowball and a boom arm on that.

There’s some good yeti/snowball mic, boom arm, pop filter bundles on Amazon. I will probably test the Razer Seiren X and if I hate it, I will purchase one of those bundles. Thanks!

There’s some good yeti/snowball mic, boom arm, pop filter bundles on Amazon. I will probably test the Razer Seiren X and if I hate it, I will purchase one of those bundles. Thanks!

Boom arms cost $13 and $17 with pop filter on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Microphone-Suspension-Mounting-Windscreen/dp/B01GRMF5ZE

I use this.

That still leaves you able to buy a $100-$130 microphone. Would not advise Blue.

• Like 1

Any specific reason why not blue? Seems like it’s a very popular brand...

It is a very popular brand. That doesnt mean it is the best. It is proven to be good but that doesnt mean it offers the most value. Just like HyperX Cloud headsets are solid value but are not the best in their category or price range.

You should listen to youtube videos of the microphones you are interested in. Each microphone will sound different and pick up different ambient noises. Check out some streamers and what not. What type of microphone are you wanting? You said cardioid, but what type of cardioid?

Plain and simple Blue is not as good as AT or Shure. Shure is the best XLR dynamic microphone you will be buying.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread