? servers

? players online

Frequently Updated List of Rules

• Content Count:  189

Many times throughout gameplay, I have seen players who have been punished for not following rules that have only been discussed on the forums and not placed in the in game !rules or !faq section(s). Due to this, I propose that perhaps in the updated forum that is being spoken of there be a list of rules updated frequently for each server and as amendments are made and discussed within the community.

For servers like JB especially, there are many technicalities to rules and on specific maps that could be organized so that they are quickly referenced by the general public. Often times, as an admin I even have to refer to the forums because of a change in the rules that I was not aware of and I wouldn't want to spread false information to other players.

Thoughts?

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1470

This is why we have the changelog posts for anything that gets updated on the servers, such as rules. Also we have the rule discussion section if people want to talk about any rules they want to be added changed or removed

for the people who aren't up to date with the rules because they only read the rules on the servers, that all lies on the AO+ to do their job in updating them.

• Like 1

@jim What rules specifically aren't covered in the rules threads on our forums or the FAQ? To the best of my knowledge our rules threads (at least for JB) are always updated if we need to change rules.

I feel like you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. Of course all of the rules are either in the FAQ or somewhere on the forums in a thread. I'm suggesting one huge thread that contains all the rules for each server, instead of having to have players scour the forums to find a specific rule for a specific scenario on a specific map for example.

One giant megathread would probably be harder to navigate than clicking on the specific server forum, looking at the pinned threads and clicking on them.

How so? Ctrl + F on a large thread that has everything contained in one place seems pretty easy to me.

• Content Count:  1633

How so? Ctrl + F on a large thread that has everything contained in one place seems pretty easy to me.

There's a lot of words on a megathread. Unless a player knows specifically how a question is worded in the thread, chances are it'll take them a while to find it. Add on the work it'll take to make and check over a megathread and it just doesn't seem to make sense. We have specific CAs and ATs who can check on and revise there much simpler server specific threads which are not hard to find at all. That, to me, is a much more efficient system.

• Content Count:  2342

So does clicking into the subforum of the server you want to check a rule of... it makes more sense to containerize everything in their own server-specific threads. I can see a huge megathread being a pain to maintain and search for things within when our current system is perfectly fine. If I want to search up when I can force deathgames, it's two clicks: JB subforum -> rules thread, where the thread is small enough that I can skim through and find what I want. The rules thread was never meant to be a huge paragraph by paragraph bible, and is instead meant to be as concise as possible while covering all the bases. Having a megathread defeats the purpose of being able to quickly reference something... what you'd want to find would be buried.

Reply to Thread