? servers

? players online

What slogan will repersent SteamGamers?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What slogan will repersent SteamGamers?

• SteamGamers: I'm a big kid now
    • SteamGamers: Next Generation of Gaming
    • SteamGamers: Where Players Connect
    • SteamGamers: We Know Gaming
    • SteamGamers: It's More then Just Games
    • SteamGamers: Somthing for everyone
    • SteamGamers: Reach out and Shoot Someone
    • SteamGamers: Let the Games begin
    • SteamGamers: Come Join the Pros
    • SteamGamers: Leading by Example

Which slogan will win????

• Content Count:  4354

You are joking, right?

I don't remember contracts being handed out. Anything you say can be used as many times as people want.

HEHEHE you don't understand what he is saying Havok. He was talking about the slogan I am a Big kid now belongs to a US toy store called Toysrus.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956

Not sure they use the slogan anymore, but they have it copyrighted.

• Content Count:  4354

I think it will be good for the community, only a small % think we don't need one, but in the end it will be good.

Double posted so eat me!

How will this be good for the community?? I don't see having a slogan will do anything more for the community. We got where we are today with out one. So why need one. You are in a way saying we need one. But thats is really not the case. Some people want one.

Need and want are two different things.

Also I am not trying to spit on the idea of having a slogan. I am trying to say if we do end up having one it better be the perfect one, and none of these are perfect.

• Content Count:  711

Double posted so eat me!

How will this be good for the community?? I don't see having a slogan will do anything more for the community. We got where we are today with out one. So why need one. You are in a way saying we need one. But thats is really not the case. Some people want one.

Need and want are two different things.

Also I am not trying to spit on the idea of having a slogan. I am trying to say if we do end up having one it better be the perfect one, and none of these are perfect.

Yeah, think we should prolong the slogan thingy and vote on individual slogans to maybe about 4 slogans that we thing are really good as a whole, because those slogans were picked by maybe one or two people. If this slogan is going to represent us in some way i want to be really good. Seriously, some of those i thought were jokes, they got to good. The current winner is good but could be better.

Guest barackobama
Ohh. Well, I'm sure they won't care too much that an internet community copies a slogan. I dunno, I mean so long as it isn't from another community I doubt anyone will care.

Also, we have had Toys 'r' Us in Britain for ages. :wink:

EDIT: Garfield, I don't quite understand when you mean it'll be good for the community. It's not exactly one of the more important things to be done right now. I know you've got a new rank and want to try and prove yourself capable, but really, a slogan isn't important.

Revising the application system is.

Revising the regular acceptance system is.

Getting SG's name out there is.

Hi,

All I need to do is get SG's name out there, and a slogan is a small part of that plan.

• Content Count:  459

i feel the best ones arent even in there, like the one about steam and a fan? i thought that was a good one

"SteamGamers.com. Where the Steam hits the Fan."

Took me a little bit of time messing around with play on words to come up with this. Glad you liked it.

As for the choices on the list, without being bias towards my own slogan, I feel as though they are all lacking, and some seem unoriginal. At this point my vote would be more of a settle since there is no "none of the above" option.

• Content Count:  6559

Havok shut the fuck up, he's doing his job.

We have advertising on other websites, which is also part of his responsibilities.

So instead of instigating when Garfield's simply trying to contribute something to the community, why don't you help come up with some ideas otherwise just shut it.

For example your wiki suggestion is actually not half bad.

Go aggro your bro.

Edited by Red

Reply to Thread