? players online

Add world record for MG?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Add world record for MG?

• yes
    • no idiot

MG World Record System

• Content Count:  526

Ah yeah I would recommend the Influx Timer system. It could easily be unloaded on Multi game and deathmatch.

This plugin also gives players Course map ranks which can be a fun addition. This could perhaps somehow tie into the SG store. That would be dope!

Edit:

Also you could technically also have it enabled in multigame, but only keep functions that are for show, such as your ranks or records. While the rest of the functions are disabled.

• Like 2
Edited by Damon

• Content Count:  539

A system similar to this was implemented and didnt work out well but I think with some modifications it could. I believe this was because it was paired with infinite respawns which was the part that was more so disliked. I think a timer on its own wouldn't be as big of an issue as the original implementation. A lot of things broke with the first implementation, not because of the timer but because of the respawns from my understanding. It would be nice to see how a timer would play out on course and would give competitive player something to work for and compare themselves against.

• Like 2
Edited by crazedkangaroo

• Content Count:  526

Best thing about this is that the plugin Influx also includes different styles. Such as low grav, autobhop, legit etc. This means even new players get a greater chance of beating a course map, which in turn could make the server more popular for newcomers.

Then there is the parkour mode, which allows you to climb walls. Crazy fun and makes for some dope strats on some maps.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  536

Certainly something to think about going into our MG staff meeting. ThRza and I have been wanting a course timer but a custom built one for awhile now. We’ll look into this and get back to you.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  539

To provide an update; This is something we are still interested in and after a recent setback are exploring some more options. The idea is to have a course timer that's as lightweight as possible, meaning minimal influence on the current course experience. We can then build off of it as suggestions come up.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread