? servers

? players online

Sleeping

• Content Count:  2579

If you're desperate for sleep, antihistamines like gravol/benadryl/zzquil can be a solution if you don't plan on taking them every night. Melatonin works, but is only optimal in certain scenarios and misusing it can fuck your night cycle up even more.

Don't exercise 4 hours before going to bed, drink water, avoid screens an hour prior to sleep, avoid being in your room for anything but sleeping if you can. Do not read in bed, if you find yourself unable to sleep, leave your room and do something for 20-30 minutes. And above all, try not to use benzos unless recommended by your physician ;)

Fait de beaux rêves petit prince.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

Hello my friends, I am your somnologist Jmcdon7, here are some of my many tips to a great nights rest, shall we begin? Don’t drink any caffeinated drinks or use any screens before bedtime, 30 minutes prior to. The blue light will make it way to hard to go to sleep and you even have a chance to stay up the entire night, further known as sleep insomnia. While this isn’t a bad thing because you can assure you get really good rest the next night you also have a possibility to fall asleep during the day or even over sleeping which will make you surprisingly even more tired than before, those are some really bad habits to develop. Maintain a healthy sleep schedule, if you want to stay up because you don’t physically have to go to school anymore, just give yourself the time it would take to go to school and back and all the free periods/lunch periods. I’d get like an extra hour of playtime or whatever if I added all those factors up. Anyways, you can use gummies or even sleep medicine like melatonin, but then in the long run it will decrease the likeliness of you wanting to fall asleep naturally when you don’t take a medicine. Stay active, no, I don’t mean run over Mount Everest and back and I’m not talking about even a mile just walk your dog or just be semi-active or productive throughout the day. Your body will be much happier with you. Also, don’t go to bed with an empty or full stomach. Growling of the empty stomach will make you want food and it can also keep you awake. Going to bed on a full stomach makes you feel really heavy and fat, it’s also nearly impossible to lose those pounds gained eating in the middle of the night or whatever. If you have a tendency to get up in the middle of the night go and read a book or a short activity to knock yourself back out. Avoid middle of the day naps as that will becoming common in your new routine. My last few thoughts are, just don’t over do anything, you don’t want to put to much pressure or such on your body, stress will also heavily impact this, make your bed, brush your teeth, will help you feel more prepared to sleep, but the most important tip is, find the perfect sleeping spot, sleep in more of a “soldier” position as it is the most healthiest and brain-efficient. I hope this helps a ton Case, and as my buddy @roux says “Sweet dreams my little prince.”

• Like 1
Edited by The Don

• Content Count:  590

Try repeatedly punching yourself in your neck about 30 minutes before going to bed. Works most of the time.

On top of that, I normally cover my nose and mouth and make sure no air can travel to me for about 5 minutes. Normally works, but sometimes doesn’t.

• Like 3
Edited by duffy

Reply to Thread