? servers

? players online

A Problem. Fifth.

• Content Count:  65

I have this tiny little problem I think that needs to be addressed. This may or may not be hypocritical due to my age. (Basically lynxies old kids post but something i’ve been seriously thinking about) 

I get it, kids on SG suck most of the time, they don’t know what they are doing, most mic spam  and yell and scream and then rdm over stupid things. being just an overall nuisance. (Or just being very rude. toxic and annoying)

The thing is, Who do you think taught them that? They didn’t just randomly start becoming asshats for the fun of it with the exception of some. You treat some of these younger players like trash and then expect them to grow some big boy pants and be a good person. Even if they are being rude, you could just be the better person and tell them to stop. and if they don’t? do whatever. 

• Like 1
Edited by MXChaos

• Content Count:  65

Honestly, I said It may be hypocritical since i am a 10 year old sounding person with a feminine voice. So this deeply applys whenever I speak on the mic there’s many people who just immediately go off.  all in all. It sucks. Just let people play the game. 

• Like 1
Edited by MXChaos

• Content Count:  5381

5 hours ago, MXChaos said:

TLDR?; Act your age, don’t be rude to someone regardless if they are actually 10, or literally just sound younger. 

I have this tiny little problem I think that needs to be addressed. This may or may not be hypocritical due to my age. (Basically lynxies old kids post but something i’ve been seriously thinking about) 

I get it, kids on SG suck most of the time, they don’t know what they are doing, most mic spam  and yell and scream and then rdm over stupid things. being just an overall nuisance. (Or just being very rude. toxic and annoying)

The thing is, Who do you think taught them that? They didn’t just randomly start becoming asshats for the fun of it. You treat some of these younger players like trash and then expect them to grow some big boy pants and be a good person. Even if they are being rude, you could just be the better person and act your age. 

But this goes all around too, All ages all genders all whatever, Be the better person. Don’t be rude and start bashing someone for simply just speaking on the mic, It’s terribly toxic. Even if they sound like a “squeaker” or sound young or even just sound feminine. Whether they are a female or not. 

Why does it have to be this running gag to always bash someone who’s not at the same level. Who doesn’t sound like a deep voiced 20 year old man?  

And i’m not saying, don’t just let some kid walk all over you, be the better person and try and teach them to be better, if they don’t listen? Maybe then you can use your  cool mega bashing skills. idfk man?

This post might be going out on a limb here. but moral of it? Dont try and place yourself on a higher pedestal just because you think your better then someone, Just act your age.  

(This is honestly just my feelings on this kinda stuff, It’s complaining but if I really had my feelings hurt then i’d be putting in player complaints. this is just for the general people who bashes kids in for just being kids.)

No one cares that your voice is squeaky. Don't be annoying and you won't get shit... it's really that simple.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  178

If I didn't get bullied when I was a 10 year old kid playing call of duty, I would still be the same annoying cunt I was back then. Playing video games as a kid and arguing with a bunch of old ass men are memories I won't ever forget. Believe it or not, bullying little kids on the internet shapes them into a better person at the end of the day.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1470

27 minutes ago, Shawty said:

If I didn't get bullied when I was a 10 year old kid playing call of duty, I would still be the same annoying cunt I was back then. Playing video games as a kid and arguing with a bunch of old ass men are memories I won't ever forget. Believe it or not, bullying little kids on the internet shapes them into a better person at the end of the day.

Or it just makes them more toxic and be an ass hole to everyone they talk to.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  5381

22 minutes ago, Takuto said:

Would say it depends on the methods used. The goal would be to use negative reinforcement on undesirable behaviors and then reward them when they act right. There's a difference between this and bullying though. If someone is targeting you for something that you can not control then I would agree that it's unnecessary, but, being obnoxious is something that you can control and work on.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  971

57 minutes ago, Takuto said:

I would disagree. In my personal experience, what made me think about my toxic attitude wasn't people telling me to shut the fuck up or calling me a squeaker. That kind of stuff brushes off kids who were introduced to the internet at an early age. What actually elicits change and makes them contemplate their attitude is genuine sincere criticism from people they like or care about.

That's not always possible to use on kids who are brand new to the server and have no bridges to burn, but for people who have integrated themselves a bit more, it's best for their closest friends on SG or people with high notoriety to give them sincere and genuine criticism.

Unfortunately, you can tell people like Kofi were told too many times to "shut the fuck up annoying squeaker" rather than "hey man you've gotten to be a real asshole and no one wants to be around you" from a close acquaintance. 

I think a blend of the two methods is required for creating someone who can be a good internet citizen and player on the server, as too many kids born past the release of the Xbox 360 are spoiled annoying dickwads that need a virtual spanking every once in a while to snap back to reality.

Just my two cents from someone who's been on the other side.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  905

Sucks to see that this is how you're being treated at times or how you're seeing others being treated.

Personally I found when I was younger, MW2 & BO1 matchmaking lobbies gave me a tougher skin since I was young back then and compared to those times, the kids nowadays have it easy.

The toxicity & insults back then was WAAAY worse and more creative back then.

More often than not if there were multiple older guys w mics,  the "squeaker" would get ganged in a shark attack. 

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

Reply to Thread