? servers

? players online

No Orders On CT

• Content Count:  617

Just now, Jackson said:

I already discussed this with someone, if someone is struggling I will try to help. A lot of the time, the person not speaking is younger, and a lot of the time; the younger people do not want to listen or accept my help.

That's another issue most of the "mutes" are kids who don't want to talk because people will pick on them for being young

• Content Count:  154

1 minute ago, oSen said:

we have a solid pop of people who don't use a microphone... losing that pop because we are confiscating them from playing CT seems a bit

maybe some plugins could be added to make orders more apparent, but is it really this challenging to look at chat? Most people on JB have no problem following chat orders....

If people enjoy SG why kick them out due to them not being able to spend money on a decent microphone? If they like our plugins our community and our meta, let them play. You referenced the benefit of the server I think it would be more of a benefit to not exclude others from playing due to them having / not having a microphone 

1st part opinion based but mostly truthful on T side. 

2nd part with the plugins SG has never been good with that again with all these bugs and stuff I don't see that happening. Although good idea.

Half of the people with no mics play T side anyways its just the other quarter that plays CT. 

• Content Count:  210

1 minute ago, Zero Two said:

That's another issue most of the "mutes" are kids who don't want to talk because people will pick on them for being young

I said before that a lot of the population are people that don't speak. I completely support any decision these people make and the only point I made is that they just don't give orders. I am talking about very few people and it does not directly relate to not having a mic. Also, I was supporting the no mic people and saying that I am fine if orders are in chat.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  210

1 minute ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Half of the people with no mics play T side anyways its just the other quarter that plays CT. 

Half is 50%, a quarter is 25%. Do you just mean that 25% is in spectate? That did not make much sense. I am not responding anymore.

4 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

If only their parents knew what we say...

• Like 1

Just now, Jackson said:

Half is 50%, a quarter is 25%. Do you just mean that 25% is in spectate? That did not make much sense. I am not responding anymore.

Yea I realized this but just pointing this out and not getting what I said is pretty ignorant and shows me that you lack maturity as I've seen on the server. Good Day

• Like 1

• Content Count:  903

1 hour ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Maybe we should just ban people from playing CT if they don't have a mic.

This has been quoted enough but imma still do it. This mindset is what would kill the server. Never will any player be banned or barred from playing CT because they don't have a mic.

Many regular players on the server don't have mics and they still are able to hold there own. 

1 hour ago, All Ts said:

I think the staff need to be more strict about CTs though, some of these kids are breaking so many rules it is actually absurd. The amount of micspam that goes on across the entire for instance makes it nearly impossible to play sometimes, and when I see something like a server slot increase it makes me think a warden plugin or some variant of a warden plugin where it scales with slot size is something worth looking further into. I don't think it's healthy to increase slot size, let the server hit it's natural intolerable limit, and then have it where people just go "nah its a clusterfuck not going on there." 

I agree that at times there needs to be more action taken against CT's that aren't playing the role properly & micspam is a major issue when it comes to JB but the amount of action taken against those issues isn't a difficult issue to solve. The stance for Admins in to be lenient on players so they can enjoy their time on the servers. Sometimes the server population can get loud and when it's over the top, the admins act on it. If they aren't then that's a different issue that needs to be acted on.

Slot size I understand where you're coming from. The larger amount of players in the server increases the chance that micspam/rule breaking occurs but if we keep our slot sizes low or don't increase it on a upward trend of players, we are going to lose out on new potential players. Some people may leave because of issues that come with larger server population but I'd rather Administrators take a more active role in administrating & being attentive to potential issues than essentially rejecting players from our server.

47 minutes ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Its called Christmas or if you don't celebrate it always have your Birthday. Also the internet is all about having a mic and communicating if you don't use it makes it 10X harder to actually play games(OWN EXPERINCE).

I don't know who you are or what you're trying to prove with your "arguments/points" but I'm very happy you're not in charge of anything associated with SG.

Typing is a form of communication, talking over mic is a form of communication. Just because someone chooses or has to use one form of communication over another doesn't mean they should be "disqualified" from playing our servers or a role on our servers.

25 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I said before that a lot of the population are people that don't speak. I completely support any decision these people make and the only point I made is that they just don't give orders. I am talking about very few people and it does not directly relate to not having a mic. Also, I was supporting the no mic people and saying that I am fine if orders are in chat.

People that don't have mics, the majority don't give orders unless they are one of the last or the last CT alive of which gives T's the advantage since they have to type orders voice orders always over-rule chat orders so unless nobody on CT has a mic or chooses not to speak, this issue hardly comes up.

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  4441

1 minute ago, Mace said:

The stance for Admins in to be lenient on players so they can enjoy their time on the servers. Sometimes the server population can get loud and when it's over the top, the admins act on it. If they aren't then that's a different issue that needs to be acted on.

There's a difference between being lenient and personable vs. not enforcing the rules at all. Admins have not been at all acting when it's completely out of control, which is a huge problem. People definition of being lenient has shifted so far that the admins seem afraid to do anything or aren't sure what to do. It's hard to know but the problem is very apparent to me almost every session I play. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  903

3 minutes ago, All Ts said:

There's a difference between being lenient and personable vs. not enforcing the rules at all. Admins have not been at all acting when it's completely out of control, which is a huge problem. People definition of being lenient has shifted so far that the admins seem afraid to do anything or aren't sure what to do. It's hard to know but the problem is very apparent to me almost every session I play. 

Like I said then, that's an issue that would need to be acted upon, there is no set in stone definition that Admins can look at for being lenient so it's up to them to understand when a line has been crossed.

I'd never like to see any Admin afraid of acting on a situation and speaking of that, I have an idea that I'm going to bring up the flagpole that hopefully will help our Admins administrate more effectively.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  331

13 hours ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Half of the admins don't play JB and I don't see that many muted people play CT maybe like 1 or 2 a game but they don't do anything on CT other then enforce which is not the main thing that CT is for anyways.

If there are 1-2 mutes on a team of 10 CTs and the 8 other CTs all have mics, why would the mutes have any reason to give orders if they don't need to? If they really wanted to give orders they could take !fo but otherwise the only other time they would feel the need to is when all CTs with mics have died. I do recognize that All CTs should actively be trying to giving orders, but why try if it could be overwritten at ANY given time just by someone holding their PTT key. The following clips is a great example of such a thing happening that occurred literally AS I WAS TYPING MY RESPONSE.

Another reason as to why mutes don't give orders is because of how long it takes to physically type out said orders. Not every JB player can type at 80+ WPM and even then it still takes a good bit of time. A way to fix this could be adding a /order command that has order presets that could be either set to a bind or given through a small menu. That being said, a solution like this would take way too long to implement into the server especially considering special orders and certain maps with special locations. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.