? servers

? players online

JB (TTT?) Event idea

• Content Count:  635

I think an event where we create two joinable teams through a plugin, where the two teams could fight for points similar to the gangpoints event or the valentines day event.

the two teams would revolve around themed skins for each team. I was thinking something along the lines of  Team Anime Vs. Team Cartoon, or Team Superhero's Vs. Team Anime etc. theres even like putin and trump skins we could do Team Feds Vs. Team Streets with crooks vs the gov.

Winning team gets something cool. a forums badge or a skin that will be on the server for a month or longer after.

(skins should be locked to a team so to use any event skin you have to participate on the respective team)

p.s: i was thinking about it a little more and i think the hard part for this is the different teams needing a seperation of skins. my initial idea was being able to play either play side as either team. ie a CT could be either team, but without locking skins to a play side it would be kinda hard to do on jb.

it might be easier to implement on TTT where play side doesnt matter, or make it a CT vs. T thing.

P.S I posted this before I saw the Race To The Top Event, which is the same premise but macro. 

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
P.S I can read @blackrains mind poggers

• Content Count:  157

there'd have to be tons of different servers tho, due to the increased traffic it would send into one or two servers. I think it would be better for there to be a new server(s) for specific events, like the one you stated so that people who actually wanna play JB or TTT can play those gamemode, and people who want to do the event can play that as well. It would also allow for more diverse events so that it doesn't feel like just temporary new skins with a few differences depending on the server.

5 hours ago, nofun. said:

there'd have to be tons of different servers tho, due to the increased traffic it would send into one or two servers

wot, we want server pop from events as it helps the servers rating.  occasionally they make dedicated servers for events, we had one for the deagle only server event. weve also had a server set up for a supporter event recently.  not quite what I was going for here.

5 hours ago, nofun. said:

. I think it would be better for there to be a new server(s) for specific events, like the one you stated so that people who actually wanna play JB or TTT can play those gamemode

it wouldnt change anything from the normal playstyle of the gamemode. it would change cosmetics and add a form of stat tracking plugin.

6 hours ago, nofun. said:

diverse events so that it doesn't feel like just temporary new skins with a few differences depending on the server.

yeah that why I thought we could have two teams fighting for dominance over the other and tie the skins into it at the same time to make it "more fun".

• Content Count:  1987

Crackhouse would be a better server for this event to occur on. JB and TTT are not FFA game modes. To do this event on one of those servers you’d end up breaking a lot of rules and possibly have people leave as it completely strays away from the core game mode. Crackhouse on the other hand is a FFA type game mode that have their own models (I believe) and trails added so it would not change much. 

In terms of prizes, I don’t think we should do something for the whole team because then awards like the contest winner one would become obsolete. Giving a team of 10+ people a special skin would severely increase the server download time for new players that join. What would be best is to give the top 3 players (maybe from each team) rewards.

@Maniac @TheZZL

• Like 6

On 5/20/2021 at 7:24 PM, Trazz said:

Crackhouse would be a better server for this event to occur on. JB and TTT are not FFA game modes. To do this event on one of those servers you’d end up breaking a lot of rules and possibly have people leave as it completely strays away from the core game mode. Crackhouse on the other hand is a FFA type game mode that have their own models (I believe) and trails added so it would not change much. 

In terms of prizes, I don’t think we should do something for the whole team because then awards like the contest winner one would become obsolete. Giving a team of 10+ people a special skin would severely increase the server download time for new players that join. What would be best is to give the top 3 players (maybe from each team) rewards.

@Maniac @TheZZL

sounds fun tbh, I'm down.

Reply to Thread