? servers

? players online

Quick Question

• Content Count:  114

Recently I have been playing a lot more jailbreak and one thing is unclear to me. Sometimes I will get a gun dropped on me and I switch and drop it then I get domed in the head for "being kos". What is the correct way of dropping a gun without being beamed???

Thank you in advance,

Shy

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  565

Hello MisterMiner! what you are talking about is being gunplanted. Gunplanting is when a ct or a fellow T give a primary to another T.  if you were gunplanted by a t, you're still kos regardless. If the gun is a secondary, you cant be kos for that. If gunplanted by a ct(directly or indirectly) you are also kos HOWEVER it's aganist the rules to do so, contact a admin or a trusted regular(that is known for having recording software) to help aganist this. you can also make a player report about this in the forums as well(https://steam-gamers.net/forums/forum/31-player-complaints/). Many ct's pardon the gunplanted individual but some don't. 

In short there is no correct way of dropping a gun(that is a primary ofc) without being "beamed". 

EDIT: Btw the more appropriate place to put this type of post is in the 'Questions & info' topic  located here

https://steam-gamers.net/forums/forum/55-questions-info/

• Like 1
Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  971

In SG Jailbreak, primaries are KOS whether you're holding them out or not. Even if it involuntarily gets into your inventory if you're say, gunplanted by a CT or your teammate next to you dies with it and it goes to you.

Secondaries and tasers are treated differently, in that they aren't KOS unless they're held out long enough for the animation to end to allow you to shoot people or if you fire/reload the gun for any reason. This means CT's are not allowed you kill you for quickswitching.

CT's are allowed to force you to drop the gun, and if they give specific orders to not drop it to a teammate or to go to a marker and you break those terms, they're allowed to shoot you. It's also implied that if you are told to drop the gun, you cannot pick it back up. If you do, they're allowed to warning shot you.

I wish more CT's would pardon innocent T's for getting gunplanted with a primary by a dead teammate after they immediately drop it, but most CT's need to go on power trips to match their K/D with their ego, so don't take it personally.

I'd also like to add that since you're new here, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Kuri and I love balls in my jaws! I'm also the #1 player on a dead Zombie Escape server!

• Like 2
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  594

1 minute ago, kuri said:

In SG Jailbreak, primaries are KOS whether you're holding them out or not. Even if it involuntarily gets into your inventory if you're say, gunplanted by a CT or your teammate next to you dies with it and it goes to you.

Secondaries and tasers are treated differently, in that they aren't KOS unless they're held out long enough for the animation to end to allow you to shoot people or if you fire/reload the gun for any reason. This means CT's are not allowed you kill you for quickswitching.

CT's are allowed to force you to drop the gun, and if they give specific orders to not drop it to a teammate or to go to a marker and you break those terms, they're allowed to shoot you. It's also implied that if you are told to drop the gun, you cannot pick it back up. If you do, they're allowed to warning shot you.

I wish more CT's would pardon innocent T's for getting gunplanted with a primary by a dead teammate after they immediately drop it, but most CT's need to go on power trips to match their K/D with their ego, so don't take it personally.

Thank you kuri for that amazing info! very good much wow!

@fastknows a lot about being this CT on a power trip! but in reality if anything were to change for this JB would go to shit, all in all if you get stuck with a primary some CTs will let you drop it but if you have kill hungry CTs on its just better to say fuck it and try to rebel and use your T buddies as cover!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

Currently in jailbreak there is no way to drop a primary weapon without being KOS. You can however drop secondary weapons if you wish, but you are not KOS until you use the secondary, or hold it out for too long.

Guards may pardon you and not kill you, but they are not required to follow that.

Rebelling is when a prisoner picks up a primary weapon, draws/equips a pistol/zeus, harms/kills a CT, breaks out of a cell, blatantly disobeys or enters a KOS Zone.

https://steam-gamers.net/forums/topic/77947-jailbreak-rules-and-faq/

• Like 1

Reply to Thread