? servers

? players online

What Happened to the SG Minecraft Server?

• Content Count:  82

1 hour ago, Zero Two said:

The big issue with basic Minecraft is it gets old fast. Now I my self spend hours playing modded Minecraft I feel if we could somehow get together to make a modded server I feel we would be able to hold the population for longer.

I think this would be a good idea, and also relatively easy to incorporate. Perhaps a idea where the mods change every week off of community vote. It would fix the problem of it being boring. It would also fix the problem of things getting boring fast, as things always changing, and seeing how competitive SG is, people will probably get stuff fast.

For example, you could do like a RL Craft implementation and that would be fun for a while, and everyone loves Pixelmon. I think this would be a really good approach and to be considered if you guys were thinking of making a Minecraft server again

• Like 2

• Content Count:  617

5 minutes ago, aureli said:

Perhaps a idea where the mods change every week off of community vote.

The only issue with this is if we keep the same map but change the mods it will most likely crash the server because the elements that the mods added would still be there even tho the mod is no longer in the server but maybe a few different servers with different mods like RL craft crazy craft the megapack 1.7.10 pack could work

• Like 1

• Content Count:  238

I would LOVE a Modded Minecraft Server. I, myself, have thousands of hours in Minecraft and have not played in ages. I would love to see something based on Minecraft come into the SG Community. I think the player base will hold strongly.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  82

23 hours ago, Zero Two said:

The only issue with this is if we keep the same map but change the mods it will most likely crash the server because the elements that the mods added would still be there even tho the mod is no longer in the server but maybe a few different servers with different mods like RL craft crazy craft the megapack 1.7.10 pack could work

Thats the thing though, if we change the mod and stuff like that, why keep the map? It keeps everything fresh and exciting. It could welcome new players into the community who came for the game, and stayed for the people. I think that changing the map also goes with my original statement that changing things constantly will keep it fun. 
Different mods, different maps every set period of time. Perhaps a 2 week period. Maybe we could even have a community event at the end of the period and everyone gets tons of weapons or something, and we can troll ZZL. If we can get nothing out of it, at least we can troll ZZL.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  238

1 minute ago, aureli said:

Thats the thing though, if we change the mod and stuff like that, why keep the map? It keeps everything fresh and exciting. It could welcome new players into the community who came for the game, and stayed for the people. I think that changing the map also goes with my original statement that changing things constantly will keep it fun. 
Different mods, different maps every set period of time. Perhaps a 2 week period. Maybe we could even have a community event at the end of the period and everyone gets tons of weapons or something, and we can troll ZZL. If we can get nothing out of it, at least we can troll ZZL.

I don't believe changing the map every two weeks will keep a solid player base. It's like Rust, you start a fresh wipe and at the end it was for nothing because you have to start again so often. Maybe a 1 month basis, or perhaps 2 months with the same Mods. Going back to the multiple game modes type thing in different hubs, I think this would work better as it gives more variety to the server, instead of constantly resetting everything which is a lot of work. I do like the idea of Community Events though, it'll make it more fun. For example we could have 1v1 Duels at the end of a month for a prize?

• Like 3

Reply to Thread