? servers

? players online

!! Warning !! Read Me !!

• Content Count:  162

Whatsup y'all

I got a message to vote for someone's team from a ex-SG reg (or current tbh idk) so I thought I'd share this with everyone.

If you get a message saying "Please vote for my team" or something along the lines of that and they say vote for team "Plan-b".... dont.

From what I've gathered online, this is a scam and es no bueno.  They will give you a link to a page (Pictured below) and once you link your steam profile you'll get hacked and start sending out those messages to your friends as well.

A general rule of thumb is to ignore people messaging you out of the blue with promotional links and stuff like that.  Also, don't ever link your steam account to a website unless you know for a fact that website is legit.  

So yea I'm posting this just incase any of you get a similar message cause 1)Some of y'all will probably start getting something like this 2) i dont want yall to get hacked and 3) i dont wanna keep getting this message !! :) <3

OxIg3Fv.png

• Like 11
Edited by cnb

• Content Count:  617

I don't want to have to keep saying this but DONT TRUST LINKS! this happens far too often because people just can't say no it's not too hard to tell it's a scam. Giveaway #1 someone you haven't talked to in forever messages you out of the blue asking you to do something it's most likely a scam as a steam account is logged into a new PC they can't see previous chat records so they have no idea who the owner talks to on the reg or not. Giveaway #2 they will try and play stupid simply ask them if it's a scam they will start playing stupid like they don't know what you are talking about. Giveaway #3 after a few minutes they will most likely become hostile towards you because you are wasting their time from scamming. Please guys stay safe and if you really don't know what to trust don't be afraid to message me and ill do my best to help.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  84

It might be worth reporting the suspected website to their domain host via an ICANN lookup. In the ICANN lookup there will be registrar information where you can send the host company of the website an email to report abuse. In this case it would be phishing. I've done this before and a phishing website that was hosted by Alibaba was taken down within minutes. For this website it is not immediately obvious so it might take forever to get taken down.

Edited by EpicFP

• Content Count:  3287

Oh yeah I got something like this a while back.

It didn't seem like some bot though, someone was actually talking to me and replying to my questions.

I thought it was rather fishy some guy I hadn't talked to in a while suddenly wanted me to vote for his friends team on some random ass csgo league website, but I was like, hey, what the heck. why not.

But the moment this random ass website required me to log in through steam just to vote for some team, I was like oh hell naw.

never log into your steam account on any website you do not 110% trust unless you don't like your steam account

Reply to Thread