? servers

? players online

Nostalgia...

• Content Count:  1051

Man its 1:15 and I was hit by a hardcore nostalgia wave man. I had just a bunch of flashbacks from 2009 to 2011ish what would happen on TV at those times. I remember the William Street logo playing after Adventure Time stopped airing at 7:59. The creepy sound, the old sound of the TV, etc.

59zJpPR.jpg

I miss my Blackberry keyboard phone, the shitty computer with the mouse that had a ball on the bottom. I miss playing old shitty Roblox games as a kid, finding random game websites and play java games, not knowing what the fuck I was doing. I miss the lack of technology we had back then. I know its a great thing to have technology now, its taken over all of our lives, but as a kid, the world was so simple, you really did own the world. You didn't have to worry about taxes, grades, college, jobs, money, food... none of that. 

Although I don't want to make this a post about race, I really wonder how some white(r) people lived and how I was perceived. Maybe I was lucky and never had any racism directed towards me, maybe I was just oblivious, but man I do know for a fact that I was happier when times seemed simpler. Either way, has anyone else had these moments? Or have you just grown past them. I really dont want to lose these memories man. 

I can't believe I started crying about 2009-2011 memories.

Just wanted me to rant a bit, feeling a little nostalgic is all. welp ima watch some family guy and pass out.

(all i ask is that you guys please dont somehow derail this thread..)

• Content Count:  2695

I miss the beginning of the pandemic. It was terrible for many many people but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I got to take a break from work and pretty much school. Collecting $1500 a week for doing nothing. Staying up until 8 am playing games, watching movies, and developing a bond with someone I loved. I would wake up at 10 am with an hour of sleep to attend my class and then I'd play some animal crossing afterwards. Take a little nap and then I'd play animal crossing until 8 am. I miss playing animal crossing. It isn't the same anymore and I can't bring myself to play it. I've had my Switch sitting on my desk since December. Well not anymore because I decided to clean my desk for the first time in 6ish months yesterday. It feels nice. I had checks from November from my old job, Christmas gifts, letters, Frank Ocean's Homer catalog, my GoPro, camera, copious amounts of water bottles, a VR headset that I haven't used in months, old paintings and drawings that I looked at for comfort, envelopes, a couple of bullets I forgot about, I found a $50 bill. I put away the switch and the animal crossing case that have formed a layer of dust. It feels nice now. I feel refreshed and clean. I often wish I could go back and kinda spend life in those first couple of months. Not knowing what the future had in store. Listening to a large amount of new music every day that I have grown to love. Me growing as a person and changing for the better. I'm an entirely different person in a good way. Life was good. Life still is good but life was pretty nice and worryfree back then. Crazy that this thing is still going on. Seems like most people are forgetting about it. 

• Like 6
Edited by John

• Content Count:  1051

Revisiting this, Sunday night, (1:00AM) my friends ask to sneak out and hang out. Its me, and two others; head to the beach late at night, and we just talk, me and one other had eaten a willy wonka bar, a small piece. The high slowly kicks in, and we go on some swings and kinda taunt these college girls who are also there. 

After that we head back to the car and start drifting, donuts, etc in a dirt parking lot; a group of like 9 middle schoolers are hiding behind a bush spying on us, and we see them scatter like roaches when the light turns on. We taunt them a bit before leaving. We go to downtown {REDACTED} and go on top of a restaurant or ice cream store roof and start to chill in the pitch black of night. After awhile we go on a bridge and our friend who was driving decided to get in the car and abandon me and friend #2. We then roleplay as homeless men on the side of the road, singing random shanties. 

Friend #1 comes back and picks us up, we head to a restaurant that's open 24/7 to order stuff. This is where I start to lose all grasp of reality, the place is packed, like fucking 25 or more people at 3:45AM in the morning. I start forgetting that there are people in the restaurant, and I can only see my friends and I in like a dark room with a single light. Every-time I snapped back in reality, I would notice all the patrons and fucking freak out. Waitress comes and she says, "Did anyone get your order or whatever?" I start giggling and saying, "No, not yet.. we need some more time." She leaves and Im like, "Was she not like fucking hella rude??" And my friends kinda just giggle and thats that. I start conversing to my friend, "Yo- yo what are you gonna get??" "I don't know.. lemme think." He says and I aggressively go through the menu. Then a couple minutes later he's like, "Yo, lets just get fries." And I start giggling and say, "So you're telling me we told her to fuck off and give us time to figure out our order, just to tell her we need fucking fries??" and we all just start crying our heads off. When a waiter comes to us, Im still giggling to myself and struggle the words, "Can I get a BLT Club..." and burst out laughing, so I put my head down and just laugh to myself. My friend gets fries and we wait. 

Food comes, and oh my god it was so fucking hard to eat, I kept forgetting whilst eating that I was eating, so I'd chew on one thing for what felt like 3 minutes straight, and swallowing hurt. My stomach was so tingly and I just felt like I was getting tickled. I make a bunch of weird faces because.. well I don't really know, I just kinda do. At this point I felt ethereal, a full out of body experience. Everything I felt, was delayed and felt it hit me like 5 times.. hard to explain. But we start to leave, and friend #1 drops off friend #2, I dont even remember that part, but all I remember was heading back home, and him telling me to fucking GO, it was 4:50 by then. So whilst absolutely high, I sneak back into my room and steal my dog from the kitchen. When I lay down, I decide to watch "Boost Your High 14" and I was sent. The emotions and feelings I felt were amazing. There was moments where I closed my eyes, and would visualize floating through a valley of white flowers, and waterfalls everywhere. Then the old timey 2009 ads start on the video, and I turned back into a child, hearing the TV in the background, as I did.. what I did as a kid? I don't know what I was seeing, but it was so nice. Feeling small and vulnerable. At one point I felt like a unicorn .. yeah idk- At the end of it, I wake up to some Vine videos playing in the background and I stared at my door, BOOM, I start seeing rainbows and shit.. 

GMJNLxA.jpg

(That basically ^)

Fun night, felt nostalgic

I said I a lot god damn

Edited by lynxie

• Content Count:  1920

12 hours ago, lynxie said:

Revisiting this, Sunday night, (1:00AM) my friends ask to sneak out and hang out. Its me, and two others; head to the beach late at night, and we just talk, me and one other had eaten a willy wonka bar, a small piece. The high slowly kicks in, and we go on some swings and kinda taunt these college girls who are also there. 

After that we head back to the car and start drifting, donuts, etc in a dirt parking lot; a group of like 9 middle schoolers are hiding behind a bush spying on us, and we see them scatter like roaches when the light turns on. We taunt them a bit before leaving. We go to downtown {REDACTED} and go on top of a restaurant or ice cream store roof and start to chill in the pitch black of night. After awhile we go on a bridge and our friend who was driving decided to get in the car and abandon me and friend #2. We then roleplay as homeless men on the side of the road, singing random shanties. 

Friend #1 comes back and picks us up, we head to a restaurant that's open 24/7 to order stuff. This is where I start to lose all grasp of reality, the place is packed, like fucking 25 or more people at 3:45AM in the morning. I start forgetting that there are people in the restaurant, and I can only see my friends and I in like a dark room with a single light. Every-time I snapped back in reality, I would notice all the patrons and fucking freak out. Waitress comes and she says, "Did anyone get your order or whatever?" I start giggling and saying, "No, not yet.. we need some more time." She leaves and Im like, "Was she not like fucking hella rude??" And my friends kinda just giggle and thats that. I start conversing to my friend, "Yo- yo what are you gonna get??" "I don't know.. lemme think." He says and I aggressively go through the menu. Then a couple minutes later he's like, "Yo, lets just get fries." And I start giggling and say, "So you're telling me we told her to fuck off and give us time to figure out our order, just to tell her we need fucking fries??" and we all just start crying our heads off. When a waiter comes to us, Im still giggling to myself and struggle the words, "Can I get a BLT Club..." and burst out laughing, so I put my head down and just laugh to myself. My friend gets fries and we wait. 

Food comes, and oh my god it was so fucking hard to eat, I kept forgetting whilst eating that I was eating, so I'd chew on one thing for what felt like 3 minutes straight, and swallowing hurt. My stomach was so tingly and I just felt like I was getting tickled. I make a bunch of weird faces because.. well I don't really know, I just kinda do. At this point I felt ethereal, a full out of body experience. Everything I felt, was delayed and felt it hit me like 5 times.. hard to explain. But we start to leave, and friend #1 drops off friend #2, I dont even remember that part, but all I remember was heading back home, and him telling me to fucking GO, it was 4:50 by then. So whilst absolutely high, I sneak back into my room and steal my dog from the kitchen. When I lay down, I decide to watch "Boost Your High 14" and I was sent. The emotions and feelings I felt were amazing. There was moments where I closed my eyes, and would visualize floating through a valley of white flowers, and waterfalls everywhere. Then the old timey 2009 ads start on the video, and I turned back into a child, hearing the TV in the background, as I did.. what I did as a kid? I don't know what I was seeing, but it was so nice. Feeling small and vulnerable. At one point I felt like a unicorn .. yeah idk- At the end of it, I wake up to some Vine videos playing in the background and I stared at my door, BOOM, I start seeing rainbows and shit.. 

GMJNLxA.jpg

(That basically ^)

Fun night, felt nostalgic

I said I a lot god damn

• Like 1

Reply to Thread