? servers

? players online

Orders.

• Content Count:  568

There are multiple scenarios when I have seen a CT say something along the lines of "All T's stack in (player or area)" and then T's well start rebelling and shooting the CT's and a CT accidentally kills a person that wasn't the intended target. Now the issue here is every single one of them don't want to slay as it is "crossfire" but well in the Rules and Faq it says" 

Q- What is crossfire and is it freekilling?

A-

Crossfire is when a CT is trying to shoot a T that is not following an order/rebelling, and other Ts are shot/killed in the firefight. Most of the time it is not freekilling, but if a CT is clearly going out of his way to "crossfire" then he can be punished. But the vast majority of the time crossfire is simply that, an accident. CTs do not have to slay for crossfire, but if an admin deems they're abusing the rule to freekill or carelessly spraying people down they can act."

Freekill isint defined in the rules or at least I could't find it with CTRL + F. But, freekill in my opinion is when someone that was not the intentional target was indeed killed. This being said can we get the official definition of "freekill " in the thread (I know its a little bit tedious to ask for something that most people know but people just shoot into stacks kill the actual dude and along kill 4 people and don't slay because its "crossfire"). Also, can "crossfire" just not being a thing because if you "crossfired" someone you killed the wrong dude which in my eyes is free kill.

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  3294

There's a difference between killing someone who is doing nothing wrong or is not in harms way, and killing someone who wasn't the "intended target" of your shots. If the person you are trying to shoot is near/in the crosslines of the person you accidentally killed, it is crossfire. If the person who died was nowhere near where the Guard was supposedly trying to shoot, it's freekill. If you really wanted to add "Freekill" to the terms in the Rules and FAQ I guess you could, but there's no need since terms like "Freekill" are extremely commonly known and picked up around the first sub-hour of playtime. To answer your vague situation, if the Prisoner killed was in the way/near the rebellers it can be chalked up as crossfire.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

6 minutes ago, Amazing said:

There are multiple scenarios when I have seen a CT say something along the lines of "All T's stack in (player or area) and then T's well start rebelling and shooting the CT's and a CT accidentally kills a person that wasn't the intended target. Now the issue here is every single one of them don't want to slay as it is "crossfire" but well in the Rules and Faq it says" 

Q- What is crossfire and is it freekilling?

A-

Crossfire is when a CT is trying to shoot a T that is not following an order/rebelling, and other Ts are shot/killed in the firefight. Most of the time it is not freekilling, but if a CT is clearly going out of his way to "crossfire" then he can be punished. But the vast majority of the time crossfire is simply that, an accident. CTs do not have to slay for crossfire, but if an admin deems they're abusing the rule to freekill or carelessly spraying people down they can act."

Freekill isint defined in the rules or at least I could't find it with CTRL + F. But, freekill in my opinion is when someone that was not the intentional target was indeed killed. This being said can we get the official definition of "freekill" in the thread most of it knows what it means and can "crossfire" just not being a thing because if you "crossfired" someone you killed the wrong dude which in my eyes is freekill.

You can leave this to admin discretion but almost all the regs know not to shoot into stacks (small spaces with 3+ people) as you would be shooting others in the line of fire. In my opinion "crossfire" is unintentionally shooting a T dealing LESS damage to that T than the T you are trying to shoot. If you've played CSGO for more than an hour you would know where to aim when trying to shoot someone, so your bullets shouldn't be going into someone else. For example, if I see an awp shot go into a crowd killing a random person that isn't KOS, that is NOT crossfire. However, if someone is killed in a crowd and 1 or 2 Ts receive some damage (and with that damage they may die) it would generally be OK, but it varies from situation to situation. 

The best solution to this is to either not give shitty orders telling Ts to stack to intentionally damage the entire crowd over a measly warning shot, or just don't shoot into stacks/crowds. As admins we can slay for freedamage as well, so if we see someone intentionally trying to hit other Ts in the line of fire punishment will be dealt.

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

1 minute ago, TheZZL said:

To answer your vague situation, if the Prisoner killed was in the way/near the rebellers it can be chalked up as crossfire.

Yeah I just find this to be stupid because again the person that was killed was indeed not rebelling and following the order which means they did as told and still died which again in my eyes is freekill.

• Content Count:  3294

Just now, Amazing said:

Yeah I just find this to be stupid because again the person that was killed was indeed not rebelling and following the order which means they did as told and still died which again in my eyes is freekill.

True, and very unfortunate, but that's the nature of crossfire and shit aim. Best advice I give people is if you don't want to get caught accidentally rebelling or in the firefight take a few steps away from the situation/distance yourselves as best as possible without being Blatant.

• Content Count:  498

1 minute ago, Amazing said:

Crossfire was made so when a rebelling t is killed a stray bullet can kill another t and the ct wouldn’t be freekilling. It’s to minimize confusion and arguments on how so and so was freekilled when they were standing near or around the rebelling t.

Just now, TheZZL said:

True, and very unfortunate, but that's the nature of crossfire and shit aim. Best advice I give people is if you don't want to get caught accidentally rebelling or in the firefight take a few steps away from the situation/distance yourselves as best as possible without being Blatant.

Alright, I have no intention in getting in a argument because it is unnecessary and we're friends. But, as you know most of the CT's are neo nazi's including myself so if the order is stack and they unstack without being told to I and most CT's alike would probably warning shot them. Even if they have 200 hours on CS and there aim isint the greatest then they don't need to have a reason to shoot into a stack where they most probably won't kill the person and risk killing others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuri said:

Crossfire was made so when a rebelling t is killed a stray bullet can kill another t and the ct wouldn’t be freekilling. It’s to minimize confusion and arguments on how so and so was freekilled when they were standing near or around the rebelling t.

I get that I honestly do but if this stray bullet kills 3 or more people than it should warrant a slay because yet again the other 2 people weren't doing anything wrong and its really bumming for the first order to be "All T's stack" at 4:40 and then die and the CT gets to keep playing the round when he prevented the other 2 people following his order to not because it was "crossfire"

• Content Count:  417

One of the main reasons I like crossfire is because it gives Ts a reason not to run into concentrated fire. If crossfire was considered freekill, Ts would run towards a CT spray, claim crossfire, and get the CT slain. With a 1:2 ratio, Ts would win even more than normal.

3 minutes ago, RemixedPixel said:

One of the main reasons I like crossfire is because it gives Ts a reason not to run into concentrated fire. If crossfire was considered freekill, Ts would run towards a CT spray, claim crossfire, and get the CT slain. With a 1:2 ratio, Ts would win even more than normal.

That wouldn't warrant a slay though. A admin would have to see it regardless and if a T goes out of there way to run into the bullets of the CT that is there issue not the CT's therefore not making it crossfire or freekill but instead sheer brain damage as the T is suicidal for running into the bullets.

Edited by Amazing

Reply to Thread