? servers

? players online

First order possible changes

• Content Count:  193

So as it currently stands fo is 30 secs and no chat order is allowed. But i think if we changed certain aspects we can buff but also nerf this section. 

The current status of fo. A lot of times since jb is about 10-25 people on normal times. Fo isnt used much in most times. It is mainly used as a way to stop toxic cts from giving out fds every round or just used to have twitter moment on your fellow cts. Now time to time people actually give orders which is fine.

But i feel as the 30 second threshold should be changed to 20 secs. This will allow more fo to actually give orders and mainly stop the shit talking cts. As the beginning of rounds can shape the whole round. Giving no orders or just plain ass orders can give ts free rounds. 

While also it should be made where the ct with fo can skip giving ws during fo ONLY. This should also give cts a chance to better restrict early rebelling. While yes good cts will be able to stop that but most cts like to enforce one person or section of the ts leaving a single ct to make or break a possible win for ct. But the current rules dont allow that as in fo only the ct with fo actually enforces the order to most scenarios. 

Now I've given my input and also hope i didnt make myself look retarded any way hope you all enjoy this or dont idc.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  634

If anything id say !fo needs to be longer, 30 seconds usually leads to giving your order, enforcing for 10 seconds, then another ct giving a new (and usually retarded order) giving more time would allow for the !fo guard to take the t's somewhere in !fo rather than just giving a cell order.

You can't do much with first order unless your cts are gonna help and agree with your second order

Also no way in hell staff are gonna let us not ws people at the start of a round, something about admins already having a hard enough time keeping up with things.

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
No ws lul

• Content Count:  905

Fo is simple dont use chat and you have 30 seconds to hand out most likely a step out and freeze order. Shorter fos wouldn't help much either. Some maps like undertale it takes like 15 seconds or something to be even allowed to open cells. On maps like razar where you can attack cts coming out of armory sometimes the lengethy 30 seconds gives time for the cts to settle and give orders. Also the no ws is pointless just keep the rules straight to the point having so many expectations just makes everything awkward and harder to understand for the newer players.

• Like 6
Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  331

I don't see a problem with this change. The fo is usually "take a step out and freeze" or "stay in your cell" anyway, and its not common that a CT gives a second order after that. I feel like this 20 second fo should only happen when there is the bare minimum of players online to allow for an fo, then maybe after a few more players it goes to 30 then 45. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

The current status of fo. A lot of times since jb is about 10-25 people on normal times. Fo isnt used much in most times. It is mainly used as a way to stop toxic cts from giving out fds every round or just used to have twitter moment on your fellow cts. Now time to time people actually give orders which is fine.

I'm going to preface this with I have no idea what a twitter moment is. But, if it's not frequently used, why is anything below worth doing? I haven't really seen anyone really complaining about the state of !fo because (at least in my opinion) it's really balanced as it stands. You need to give clear voice orders no one can go "oh I didn't see the chat order" to, the point of !fo is to give an order or two within those thirty seconds, and if the CT doesn't they're liable to punishment. 

But i feel as the 30 second threshold should be changed to 20 secs. This will allow more fo to actually give orders and mainly stop the shit talking cts. As the beginning of rounds can shape the whole round. Giving no orders or just plain ass orders can give ts free rounds. 

I don't really see what improvements shortening first order would bring. I know there are times especially on maps where prisoners can rebel IMMEDIATELY, sometimes the !fo needs a little more time to give the order. Shortening !fo would only exacerbate the problem of orders not being given. "Plain ass orders" is a whole different problem in of itself. The issue here is not with the system, but with the quality of the guards.

While also it should be made where the ct with fo can skip giving ws during fo ONLY. This should also give cts a chance to better restrict early rebelling. While yes good cts will be able to stop that but most cts like to enforce one person or section of the ts leaving a single ct to make or break a possible win for ct. But the current rules dont allow that as in fo only the ct with fo actually enforces the order to most scenarios. 

Really bad idea imo. I feel like this could be a really slippery slope that would be opened up for guards. If you ask me, giving the CT who has !fo the last guard power of just beaming rebellers would only make the server more toxic with a mix of kids being salty they didn't get !fo, kids salty over the fact that they could be beamed over a minor transgression like not facing their cell, etc. 

Overall, a fair idea but I think it would fall flat if it were implemented. 

Edit: above is pretty much what @BloodBladessaid but I didn't read the other replies before making mine. If you want a tl;dr, look at his.

• Like 1
Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  3294

On 2/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, BeetleAtom said:

Now I've given my input and also hope i didnt make myself look retarded any way hope you all enjoy this or dont idc.

The rules clearly state, 

Guards CANNOT... 

Use the First Order (!fo) to speak about other topics (Orders only)

When taking the First Order Guards must give their order, and that's it. Admins will usually let players get away with talking as long as they're giving an order and being clear. Taking !fo to shit-talk and not give orders is not allowed. 

As for increasing/decreasing !fo time, once there are 30 players online !fo extends to 45 seconds instead of 30. Decreasing !fo time, like others mentioned, is just another slight nerf to CTs. When you take the First Order you can lead the round, and extend your one order into the next couple of minutes depending on how you use your time and speak. I suggest anyone that takes First Order understand you're shaping how the round turns out and leading it, so if you need guards in a position to support the order you're about to give, ask them to get situated in a spot that convenient for you and the order.

We will not entertain the idea of allowing Guards to not give warning shots during First Order, as it's not only confusing but also can open up more conflict and problems.

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll leave the thread open in case you or anyone else wants to respond.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.