? servers

? players online

[11/17/22] Thanksgiving Plans/Anything special for the week?

• Content Count:  903

1 hour ago, Bondairy said:

You Canadians managed to ruin a holiday that is supposed to be in the S Tier.

Americans celebrate buckle hats wiping out the natives, we celebrate a revolutionary exploration discovery. Only one of us ruined something lol. 

*all in jokes and good fun btw*

Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  1654

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Americans celebrate buckle hats wiping out the natives, we celebrate a revolutionary exploration discovery. Only one of us ruined something lol. 

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/explained-canada-s-cultural-genocide-of-indigenous-people-47835 

*yikes*

Not gonna argue about what country was worse to the Indigenous people cause that's dumb but you probably shouldn't be the ones pointing fingers either lol. Best thing anyone can do is learn about what actually happened and pass that knowledge to anyone else misinformed.

As for Thanksgiving plans, I'm just going to be hanging out with my family having fun. One of my favorite holidays because of the time I get to spend with them. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  903

On 11/22/2022 at 9:35 PM, Greggy G said:

Not gonna argue about what country was worse to the Indigenous people cause that's dumb but you probably shouldn't be the ones pointing fingers either lol. Best thing anyone can do is learn about what actually happened and pass that knowledge to anyone else misinformed

Yes both sides of the border have committed atrocities throughout both our countries existences. 100% right about that.

To be honest, pride made me start a reply about reiterating that I’m not talking about general treatment but in the specific origins of the holiday (I even went and found some articles to further my original points) but ya, it’s a stupid thing to “argue” over. 

My original post was more to joke and poke fun but ion’t wanna turn that into something more than what it was.

Hope all ya south of the border people have a good holiday, I stand by this though….. Canadian thanksgiving is the real Thanksgiving lol

Reply to Thread