? servers

? players online

Best Buddy Dying...

• Content Count:  1009

On 2/13/2023 at 7:41 AM, lynxie said:

Welp, I'll get straight to the point. I think my lil best buddy Chewy is dying. The last week he's been throwing up a lot of bile, which we just thought to him just being sick, not the first time, usually passes fairly fast. But now he's weak and I don't know what to do. 

I've had him for 13 years now, and it crushes my soul seeing him like this. He wont eat, he won't go for a walk, he's crying in pain, he wont drink, he won't do anything. We cant really take him to a vet, and I think it's best to just put him down. 

im really not ready for this. his health deteriorated so fast it feels like whiplash, how do i just walk away and hear him crying and theres nothing i can do. dogs are so precious man. idk sorry for this random post. if you have advice on how to help please give me something, the internet sucks with this stuff. gonna call a vet later today and get advice from them too.

sorry its not an nfl post lol

IMG_8904.jpg

^

Stiff Body, Staggered Breathing, Unresponsive to his name being called, crying in pain, tail tucked under him, almost every bad symptom 

I remember you asking about me a while back after this post, we are deciding to put him down on Friday 4pm. It will be a sad day. I also tried DMing you about this but I think I need to be friends with you on discord.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  353

@PokePrayers for you man.  

@lynxieI know the OP was before I became active again on the forums, but I hope you have found peace.  

To you both, or others dealing with this loss, I can speak difficulty about the pain of losing a loved one (including a fur child).  I often have a very hard time.  

But one thing I'm sure of is that they had a wonderful life with you.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1026

On 2/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, lynxie said:

hes gone

Edit: Whoops. Just saw that someone bumped this post from almost a year ago... sorry for bringing this all back up. Regardless, doesn't change my comments. Hope you are doing well!

I am so sorry for your loss, lynxie. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now but try to focus on the fact that Chewy is no longer in pain. I'd love to see some pictures of him from when he was in good health (if you feel comfortable) whenever you have processed this loss a bit. He looks like such a handsome and kind dog!

Edited by Danno
thought this was from Feb '24

Reply to Thread