? servers

? players online

Best Buddy Dying...

• Content Count:  1051

Welp, I'll get straight to the point. I think my lil best buddy Chewy is dying. The last week he's been throwing up a lot of bile, which we just thought to him just being sick, not the first time, usually passes fairly fast. But now he's weak and I don't know what to do. 

I've had him for 13 years now, and it crushes my soul seeing him like this. He wont eat, he won't go for a walk, he's crying in pain, he wont drink, he won't do anything. We cant really take him to a vet, and I think it's best to just put him down. 

im really not ready for this. his health deteriorated so fast it feels like whiplash, how do i just walk away and hear him crying and theres nothing i can do. dogs are so precious man. idk sorry for this random post. if you have advice on how to help please give me something, the internet sucks with this stuff. gonna call a vet later today and get advice from them too.

sorry its not an nfl post lol

IMG_8904.jpg

^

Stiff Body, Staggered Breathing, Unresponsive to his name being called, crying in pain, tail tucked under him, almost every bad symptom 

• Like 9
Edited by lynxie

• Content Count:  617

I know it's hard but you gotta do what is best for him. And what's best for him may be the hardest decision you will have to make but just know that he had a really good life up to the end and he was loved even past the end. I'm sorry for what you are going through but just take solace in the fact that you had the honor to spend his time together.

I know my words probably don't help the pain but I hope they ease your grief in this hard time

• Like 1
Edited by Zero Two

• Content Count:  903

I’m really sorry to hear about your pup, the fact he/she wasn’t drinking water is the most worrying part of everything you had been seeing.

Find comfort in knowing you provided a good and happy life for em, they are a part of your world/life but you ARE their world.

• Content Count:  5674

Very sorry to hear about this man.

A few years ago I held my dog Luigi in my arms as he was put to sleep for good. Some of my first memories involved Luigi considering we had him since I was 4 years old. But towards the end his quality of life was so awful that we made the extremely tough choice to let him go. Unfortunately, that's what's best. Dogs give us their undivided loyalty and love for their entire lives, the least we can do is allow them to rest as opposed to selfishly keeping them alive while they suffer. You made the right choice, it was his time. Just remember that all your dog ever knew for however long he was with you was love and comfort. You gave him a great life. Adjusting to life without him is going to be very difficult but despite how cliche it sounds, it really does get easier every day. 

Wishing you and your family the best in your time of grief. 

• Content Count:  540

I lost a very good friend the other day from cancer. The day I started my career, he was there from day one mentoring me. I’m with you brother, keep your head up and cherish the good memories. He will be waiting for you, stay strong 💪🏼 🙏  and never forget them, you just gained a guardian angel

• Like 3
Edited by 3ni

• Content Count:  1009

My dog's in a pretty similar state. He's about 14, I think it's gotten to the point where he is just suffering every day. We literally give him heart medication to help his heart continuously beat daily. He throws up about 2-3 times a day but my family insists on keeping him alive due to the fact that they do not want to let go. Wouldn't be surprised if he does pass one day. Sorry for your loss champ. Feels like this type of pain is a lot different from a family member passing. Sorry for your loss champ.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread