? servers

? players online

Future plans

• Content Count:  5674

Hello everyone,

First of all, I know we may sound like a broken record, but I want to once again calm any nerves - Steam-Gamers isn't going anywhere any time soon. Players and staff alike have dwindled, yes, however the launch of CS2 opens up a whole new world of opportunities and potential for us. On that note, the initial launch doesn't look glamorous for communities and community servers.. but we're working with what we've got. @Nishok put in a bunch of work to get a server up and running with a working IP, and @BoTo has been helping tremendously on setup.

More information on that specifically will follow extremely soon, but otherwise Valve has screwed community servers pretty hard. As it stands there's little support for them on this new game, and knowing Valve it could take a while to get that. CS:GO servers are essentially dead in the water, as we're not expecting anyone to use the complicated workaround to play our servers. Given this, we will more than likely begin to close down the CS:GO servers and launch up other servers in games like GMod, CS:S, and maybe Rust.

We have lots of backups we can use and we can always start fresh on some new projects as well. Doing this will help to maximize any potential player intake to the community while things are stagnant on the CS2 side of things. Though the hope would be that Valve quickly rectifies their fuckups and helps us to get going in that area sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed, but we're going to adjust accordingly given the situation we've been forced into.

As far as general community stuff - we may be moving forward with the rebranding thing. No promises, though that's the direction the conversation seemed to be heading a couple weeks back. As long as we find something that makes sense, now's probably the perfect time. @Cautionand I have both been incredibly busy IRL, though my schedule is beginning to clear up tremendously and I believe his will be soon as well. We've been in contact consistently though, and are getting back into the groove of things.

Otherwise, big shoutout to the newly promoted Directors for keeping the gears turning in our absence, and all of our other staff and community members that have been putting in work and coming around. As a general PSA to all - we are always interested new in staff members, whether it be admin, server manager, or technical administrator. Please reach out to me directly on Discord if you have any interest in any of this. We're more than happy to take on anyone that's interesting in helping us to get the ship sailing again. Both old and new, of course.

We're excited for the future, and we hope you all are as well. Thanks guys!

• Like 11

Reply to Thread