Which is the best  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

• Norton
    • Mcaffe(or however you say it)
    • Other (prease elaborate)

Virus Protection?

• Content Count:  182

Avast free version, it's kept me going for over a year, good control panel, you can let things through like cracks because they usually pick up a threat and auto-block on Norton and McAfee.

• Content Count:  750

I have Norton 360, I had it for about a year or so. It's good in my opinion, I used to have McAfee but I don't have it anymore due to having a big virus (rat) on my pc, and couldn't un-install it. It's good but it still can't handle huge viruses. NOD32 is good, Kaspersky, and Webroot I've heard they're all good.

• Content Count:  136

I don't know much about it, since my dad set up this computer, but AVG has been pretty reliable for me. Only down side (and i dont know if other protection programs do this or not) is it reads cookies as a warning to your security.

• Content Count:  1824

Go avg or avast, but i suggest getting Malwarebyte's Anti- Malware and running that everyonce in awhile it's good to scan your computer, which reminds me i should scan mine.

• Content Count:  485

No. If you have a router that you port forward with, (which is nearly all home routers in existence today) you have no, absolutely NO reason to use a firewall. It's just a system hog nowadays.

I have a router and my firewall is ON and it works fine.You just need skills to make it work!!!

• Content Count:  3391

i... didn't say that a firewall would not work, but i assure you it uses system resources.

You say there's "absolutely NO reason" to use a firewall. That cannot be further from the truth. Routers and Windows Firewall only block incoming connections, not outgoing. Those are completely useless against trojans and other viruses that infiltrate the system by other means. A real firewall will allow you to monitor incoming AND outgoing connections.

For the sake of everyone, please don't spread non-knowledge. Just because you don't use a firewall does not mean they are useless. It's thoughts like this that are the reason why there are so many infected computers. It's the whole 'It can't happen to me' mentality and all it does is make things worse when one's computer eventually gets infected.

• Content Count:  3391

it's not a "it can't happen to me" mentality, its a "it won't happen to me" mentality, because i'm smart enough to not download viruses

Right, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if you know what you download, there are vulnerabilities in Windows that can be exploited without the need to run an executable. Thank you for proving my point.

Reply to Thread