Which is the best  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

• Norton
    • Mcaffe(or however you say it)
    • Other (prease elaborate)

Virus Protection?

• Content Count:  3391

unless someone had physical access to my computer, they aren't gonna do shit. you run your firewall, i won't, and we'll probably both have nothing happen.

You still don't understand how these worms and viruses work. You think someone needs to access your system or you need to execute something. There are these things called 'remote vulnerabilities' meaning you do NOT need local access to a machine. It may very well be that nothing will happen but you're living in ignorance, so good luck with that.

• Content Count:  1839

i've had perfect luck for over 10 years. the vulnerabilities you discuss i am very aware of, but am not that worried about. Odds are unless you made the wrong enemies anyone with the resources to use one of said vulnerabilities would never think twice about your existence.

• Content Count:  3391

It has nothing to do with enemies or adversaries. It's just how networked viruses work. I worked for my campus's internet security group. When Blaster and Korgo hit we were inundated with trying to block off those ports and notifying the person that owns the PC to get it fixed. Hundreds, if not thousands, of computers were affected on our campus alone. It had nothing to do with someone running an executable or having some script kiddie 'hack' their system. It was just a networked worm that used an open Windows vulnerability to compromise, and spread through, many systems.

Anyway, I have nothing more to say on this matter. You've made your point and I've made mine. I just want to make sure people get all the information needed to make the correct choice.

• Content Count:  1839

i understand and agree with you, but the whole campus thing doesn't apply unless you live on campus. a college campus is all on the same lan, and so yes, a virus can and will infect them, but it does not work the same with an isp, if one user gets infected not every other subscriber does.

• Content Count:  3299

Avast definatly the best. Has a really nice interface. Updates auto, very easy to use. Ive been using avast for about 1 year and ive had no troubles with viruses, It warns you if a site your going on is a virus site and what not. Plus its free :d Avast is ftw

Edited by ManiacJak

Reply to Thread