? servers

? players online

Mouse / Keyboard

• Content Count:  11501

Hey, can anybody tell me about some good GAMING keyboards / mouses that you've used? I was thinking about getting either the Razer Tarantula or the Logitech g15 for my keyboard and possibly a Razer Lachesis as my mouse.

Any suggestions?

• Content Count:  2959

Mice it's about the technical specs and more importantly what is most comfortable for you. I like my g5 but I know people that use $10 microsoft opticals that keep up with me because of how amazingly well it fits their hand.

Keyboards are kinda the same but there's another step. You want something that is comfortable to type on, then there's the features (g15's macro keys/screen) and lastly the construction of the keys. Afaik only steelseries and a few select retro boards also have is actual honest to game mechanical keyswitches instead of a rubber dome pressure switch.

Mechanical keyboards last almost forever, the keys will work consistently every time, and they can provide a much greater variety of tactile feedback whether you prefer having a little "float" before a keypress is triggered sharply or a smooth press all the way down. Either way barring you breaking it somehow that switch will trigger at the same time every time.

Following ^^that IBM bucking spring keyboards have a little startup pressure, some float, and a smooth barely noticeable increase in pressure until the spring buckles and hits the switch. The g15 has a higher startup pressure and very quick triggers with a slightly more exaggerated release in pressure just barely before the key is triggered and a very quick snap back, mostly because it's actually a hybrid with rubber dome switches but mechanical keys. It's kindof a bastard child that works fairly well.

The downside is that only the really crazy expensive mechanicals have full anti-ghosting, which means you can hit all the keys you want without them cutting out. Hard to hold that against keyboards though since it's not really THEIR problem but they get blamed for it. Below that you'll get certain combinations and less than ~5-8 keys working.

Edited by Shadowex3

• Content Count:  4960

Logitech G9x if you're really into fast paced shooters because of the 5000dpi laser.

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 because of its comfortability, amount of hotkeys including customizable macro buttons.

But to be honest. Just go with a mouse that seems comfortable during gaming marathons and actually fits your hand.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  11501

The G9x seems pretty cool, I like the claw grip because that's how I play.

I couldn't do the keyboard though, for some reason I can't use it for shit when it has the split in the middle like that.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips guys :d

• Content Count:  2959

Keep in mind DPI doesn't really mean much because at some point you're going to run out of the ability to send that data to the computer and process it AND because it's not DPI you're after but 1:1 movement. The reason I pull such crazy shit sometimes is because I can move my mouse literally 1 screen pixel at a time at my sensitivity of choice. Theoretically a higher DPI just lets you achieve that at what feels like a higher sensitivity.

• Content Count:  3391

I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and Saitek Eclipse keyboard. I am a wireless mouse fanatic and have used just about every wireless mouse on the market but found this wired mouse supreme. It's spot-on and amazingly comfortable and light. I do miss my MX1000 and G7 wireless mice, but this is so much better.

Logitech's new Revolution mouse looks retarded as does Microsoft's gaming mouse with the weights in it. Razer make great mice but it cannot compete with the MX518, it's night and day.

• Content Count:  4960

The G9x seems pretty cool, I like the claw grip because that's how I play.

Meh, I usually play palm grip when I'm in shooters and I find that the best palm grip mouse is probably the Logitech G5. I think the Razer Lachesis is good too, I'm currently using it. Like I said before if you want a good mouse that certain mouse has to be good for you. I mean, if you change grips because of a way a mouse is structured or the position you keep it, your gaming style will suffer greatly until you either keep going with the one you're used to, or you get used to the method you're forced to use. I remember switching from Claw to Palm for the first time and all I did was miss my flick shots. Got a lot of negative feedback from my teammates :p

Reply to Thread