? servers

? players online

Post Your Car!

• Content Count:  5377

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Back in April, I sold my truck and decided to try something new. Took until last week to finally get it registered due to covid and my out of state internship. Been really enjoying it so far and especially enjoying the mpg. During a ~1,000 mile trip, I only had to fill up half way which was very nice.

NnW4dtv.jpg

It's a 2012 VW Golf TDI 6MT.

Went from an automatic gas 4x4 truck to a manual turbo diesel hatchback lol.

I wish the dislike button was enabled. Good thing it's still bike weather up there

• Like 1

• Content Count:  535

:larry:

So I sold this around 10 months ago. Mostly because they are depreciating like crazy, but also because the engines are ticking time bombs, and I don't want to be in a position where I might have to shell out $7000-9000 for a new engine - because it's Norway; stuff is expensive, and these cars don't get thrown at you like they do everywhere else. There's basically none of them around, and certainly no used parts or engines...

spacer.png

I ended up buying a equally unreliable but a lot cheaper car - a 2009 BMW E92 320D, the one with the N47 2.0 diesel engine, the one with the timing chain issues. BUT this one is low mileage, only 94.000KM, so I'm probably good for at least 50.000-100.000KM before the timing chain/fasteners goes poof.

But putting that aside, it is actually the most comfortable, economical and fuel friendly car I have owned. Guessing that says a lot about the cars I have driven. :larry:

This is how it looked when I bought it in february

spacer.png

I then wrapped it in 3M 2080 Gloss Wicked, which is a metallic black/purple with some red/green/blue flakes in it.

Worst decision ever. You can only see the color from the right angle during full on sunny weather, and it's rarely sunny in Trondheim/Norway where I live. The rest of the time it just looks like a black/gray shitty paintjob with lots of orange peel.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

I'll do a different wrap next season since I absolutely hate this one. Full M-Sport bumpers, "CSL-Look" trunk, aftermarket wheels and a lowered suspension is also on the list.

I played around with 3M GP278/Flip Deep Space for the interior bits. Im leaning a lot towards doing a color shifting wrap on the whole car next time, but the material is a bit too expensive for what you get.  :larry: You don't really have a lot of longevity in vinyl, especially not in the climate I live in.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

• Content Count:  2694

Several month later update. I have really been enjoying it. I love this car, no ragrets. Sounds nice, feels nice, drives nice. I see myself owning this car for a decent amount of years and maybe I'll move onto some other cool Korean car like a 2019 Veloster Turbo. I have always loved Japanese cars a lot and I have been indifferent on Korean cars but I have grown to love Korean cars. Can't miss.

jI4Jt8W.jpg

APBpuyD.jpg

• Like 5

• Content Count:  540

2 hours ago, John said:

Several month later update. I have really been enjoying it. I love this car, no ragrets. Sounds nice, feels nice, drives nice. I see myself owning this car for a decent amount of years and maybe I'll move onto some other cool Korean car like a 2019 Veloster Turbo. I have always loved Japanese cars a lot and I have been indifferent on Korean cars but I have grown to love Korean cars. Can't miss.

jI4Jt8W.jpg

APBpuyD.jpg

Bought my wife the 2017 elantra and it literally is one of the best cars we've owned. Taken plenty of road trips in it and one time we rented the 2013 model and drove it around 500 miles or so not knowing there was no engine oil. We were told the light was on because it required a oil change soon. Had no issues on that trip what so ever. The car is excellent. Just wished they held their value

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

Took the subie out to do some donuts and figure eights in a snowy, empty parking lot. I had no idea what I was doing but still managed to have a blast without breaking anything. I've gone ahead and ordered a GoPro to get some nice POVs in the snow and for the mountain twisties around here.

Car is a 2005 Legacy GT that has given me constant headaches since I got it: blown turbo, cracked radiator, bad gaskets, etc. Regardless, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car and don't see myself driving anything other than AWD in the future. I've done a small handful of mods and have more on the way, but I'd like to dump it for a newer STI when I get the chance.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1583

As promised, more slidey.

Car smelt like burnt ass after this, but it quickly subsided. As you can tell I have no idea how to handle the understeer other than letting off throttle till traction came back. Tried to stay off rev-limiter as Campus Police came last time and sat in the parking lot till I left.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2694

Elantra Sport update! I ordered a short ram intake and an intercooler resonator delete from SXTH element last week. It came in yesterday and I just had to install it ASAP. I'm a butthurt for this company. They make some pretty awesome parts; i'm just a massive fan. Anyways, I put it in today and I took some before and after pics. I'm installing the intercooler resonator delete pipe this Saturday. I'm loving this thing so much. Totally worth the money spent because every time I do a pull I get a massive smile on my face. That PSSHHH sound just makes me happy. I will probably do an exhaust this summer but I like how it sounds. Also looking at doing an external BOV and some solenoid upgrades.

rI8ssp8.jpg

yAtVvyD.jpg

Here are some sound clips:

@Gator wya???

• Like 8

Reply to Thread