? servers

? players online

FYI: Donating a Server

• Content Count:  6804

Just a quick one to clear things up.

We will NOT be accepting 'donated servers' (with the exception of the WCS one that ipuke has paid for). The con's out weigh the pro's and it just becomes a pain for the following reasons;

• Individuals who donate a server will always expect special treatment back, which is not fair on those who cant afford to donate.
  • Servers should be a community wide decision and not just a decision made by one person. Afterall the community is here to serve you guys.
  • Servers will start to become scattered around different hosts which isnt desireable for both you guys (different pings) and the AO+ (becomes a pain to keep track of different logins and going to different places for maintanance/reboots).
  • We have a dedicated server already, maybe could squeeze 1 more low intensive server on there at the moment. Costs us nothing extra to open up another on that box.

The only good side to the donated server is we have another server to play on right? But there are too many downsides to this as im sure you guys would agree.

So yeah, if you want to make a donation towards the server costs then thats great, but we wont be accepting payments to open up a specific server (with the exception of WCS, as this would have been far too CPU intensive for the dedicated to handle along with 7 other servers on there).

• Like 2

• Content Count:  6213

Well next month or the month after that I plan on donating the money for a BC2 server for 2 months.

I thought the purpose of this thread was to say that we aren't accepting that? o.O

I cud b rong doe.

Reply to Thread