? servers

? players online

My 2 cents on improving escape

• Content Count:  984

Meh, I have to disagree. The only map I see like this is POTC.

In Mako, you have to defend 3 routes zombies have access to, the choke points actually require a great deal of teamwork. I.E. Holding the bridge and slowing down zombies while a few people go hit the button, then continue to hold until the elevator opens up. You also have to time your materias just right or else you can screw your whole team up by using it too early.

In Predator, you have to hold off a base from 4 different ways zombies have access to enter(at least before the harder levels) then even in the harder levels, you have to have someone stay behind and grenade the zombies or else they will catch up very quickly and infect a majority of the players. Oh, and not to mention that during the boss fights, you need to use communication and teamwork for parts such as the orbs, if you do not have people spread out, you will die.

I'm not too sure about the newer biohazard since I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the older biohazard > Newer version.

In ze_paranoid, it's actually quite a fun map with a lot of chaotic scenes, you can win by yourself, or you can lose with a whole team of humans. It's all about the items you pick up in the labyrinth and using them in conjunction with your teammates while holding off a horde of zombies. As far as I know, this map does not use any invisible walls for the zombies.

In ze_infiltration, you have to hold off the elevator for a series of choke points that are very hard to defend against and the only way to win is to communicate properly and shoot the zombies back. Sure, it holds the zombies in a little container up in the air while the humans escape, but that's better than having a breakable barrier that the zombies will crowd and take even longer to break since they'll be stabbing each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old maps, but it seems that some of you guys are just jumping on the bandwagon and say "Old school maps require the most teamwork" without even playing any of the newer maps. Most of the maps I listed above don't even have invisible walls that hold the zombies off, and the zombies can easily overpower a small unorganized team.

Sometimes the older maps get boring since that's all we used to play back in the day, it's nice to change to something new, and if you're a fan of the way the maps used to be back in the day with breakable zombie stoppers, then make a newer map that uses those same properties. To me, I love the old maps, but I find that after a few rounds, it feels as if I've done this before, and I actually have, because in the past it's all we ever used to play and gets a little boring...

Every single example you used proved my point. You run to a spot and hold it off until something happens, then to run to the next point and hold it off until a door or something opens, etc. This is exactly what I hate about the new zombie maps. Most of the old ones were constantly run and constantly looking back to shoot or throw nades or whatever. You talk of the style of maps where you can break stuff to block them; that is fine but that is not what makes a map and not what I am looking for in a map.

P.S. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon any more than you are.

• Content Count:  1371

Every single example you used proved my point. You run to a spot and hold it off until something happens, then to run to the next point and hold it off until a door or something opens, etc. This is exactly what I hate about the new zombie maps. Most of the old ones were constantly run and constantly looking back to shoot or throw nades or whatever. You talk of the style of maps where you can break stuff to block them; that is fine but that is not what makes a map and not what I am looking for in a map.

I agree. I was just on biohazard. it was fun but its so linear. run, hold off, rinse and repeat. we had rounds where morons got us all tagged due to no teamwork, but i had some friends on so it was great

• Content Count:  2283

I'll agree that some maps are like this, but some aren't, we can't just classify all newer maps as bad just because they become overplayed and use noblock.

• Content Count:  984

I'll agree that some maps are like this, but some aren't, we can't just classify all newer maps as bad just because they become overplayed and use noblock.

I agree. I'm not classifying them bad based on how often they are played or no block. I am basing it off of poor game-play. I actually don't mind no block as long as it doesn't ruin any parts of the map.

Block is good. it helps me boost up my ct teammates on maps like mesa where some players cant get up the boxes..i dont mind dying because of helping them get by, but i really hate players who purposely block everyone

• Content Count:  2390

I don't think its TEAMWORK thats the issue for the most part, one person in the server has a mic and they can rally the humans to work together pretty easily. Anyone can do it, you just have to know what you're doing.

The issue is people DON'T FUCKEN SHOOT THE ZOMBIES. Its fucken ridicules, I've been in places where we defend with 20ish humans, 4 zombies come up and break through, all because 15ish of the people are fucken hiding by where-ever the next zone is while the remaining humans are defending by themselves. I have literally tried to get into a room with 7 people, only ONE shot at me and the rest were all "WTF HOW DID HE GET IN" when i got past the guy and killed them all.

As long as the map is fun I don't really mind it. Although I think that older maps can be more fun since they focus more on balance then looks, even the good new maps like predator isn't really about escaping zombies, its just about running from place to place and defending for a short amount of time and then focusing on the cool effects like fighting the predator.

TLDR; First you're a faggot for not reading, better players and simpler maps make the server fun.

I don't think its TEAMWORK thats the issue for the most part, one person in the server has a mic and they can rally the humans to work together pretty easily. Anyone can do it, you just have to know what you're doing.

The issue is people DON'T FUCKEN SHOOT THE ZOMBIES. Its fucken ridicules, I've been in places where we defend with 20ish humans, 4 zombies come up and break through, all because 15ish of the people are fucken hiding by where-ever the next zone is while the remaining humans are defending by themselves. I have literally tried to get into a room with 7 people, only ONE shot at me and the rest were all "WTF HOW DID HE GET IN" when i got past the guy and killed them all.

As long as the map is fun I don't really mind it. Although I think that older maps can be more fun since they focus more on balance then looks, even the good new maps like predator isn't really about escaping zombies, its just about running from place to place and defending for a short amount of time and then focusing on the cool effects like fighting the predator.

TLDR; First you're a faggot for not reading, better players and simpler maps make the server fun.

I agree 100%. People focus way too much on getting to the next point or area. they dont bother with teamwork or holding vehicles or doors, etc. its ridiculous.

Reply to Thread