? servers

? players online

My 2 cents on improving escape

• Content Count:  1950

Dudes, all i can say is get over yourselves.

People LIKE the new maps. I played the "Old school" maps that ARE STILL IN THE FUCKING ROTATION!! THEY DIDNT GO ANYWHERE! But they are exactly what you call them. OLD. You prove my point just by naming them. THEY ARE OLD. OUTDATED, PLAYED TOO MUCH. I presonally leave almost anytime a map like Boat Escape comes on. Its a map where all you do is run, and then die in the end because your team mates that got there before you fucked you over and took the boats. You call that team work?

You say you want the "teamwork" that was required in the "oldschool" maps, when all i can remember about team work is half of my team mates purposfully tryig to fuck the rest of the team over, by closing gates too early, taking off with the boats, or just plain being an edge hero. Name a single oldschool map that i haven't played 10 billion times, and i will pay you to STFU.

The reason the new maps are "Overplayed" is because players are tired of the old maps! I'm tired of seeing the same thread over and over again. WE ARE NOT GETTING RID OF THE NEW MAPS. Like I stated previously, and Andre said a few pages back, the "oldschool" maps are still in the rotation, its just no one votes for them because they are sick of them.

Dont get me wrong, I used to love those maps as much as you do now. But this is annoying ME now, because if we got ride of the new maps, we might as well as just shut down the server, because the old maps cant hold a population.

Oh, and it's BS saying the server doesnt have a population on weekdays. It may not be filled, but thats because people have work. And even so, I still see around 30 people on every night.

Rage Over.

Oh, and as a side note, if you havent noticed, maps like Helms Deep and Mako and Predator require a hell of a lot more team work then running through an entire map, trying to save yourself. I dont really see your ponin there.

I feel like Mako and Predator are more about killing off bosses rather than zombies. Don't get me wrong you still fight off zombies but for short periods of time but the maps are centrally focused around killing off bosses. Not that it is a problem and that it doesn't require teamwork but they are just different styles of play. I am one who likes the older maps, I enjoyed playing island escape last night and boat escape (even though I don't like the boat escape version on the server). There aren't too many maps I dislike but I do enjoy seeing the older maps being played just because it does bring back good memories of when I first started here. Maps like jurassic park and iamlegend used to be played constantly along with boatescape. But it has changed now.

• Content Count:  687

Life goes on, and generations of gamers evolve. I call stupidy to any and all who think a game mod like this stays the same over time. If you look back into your memory, how many game styles came and went? I personally am all for the old zombie escape but I guess it's simply become a matter of letting go.

Life goes on, and generations of gamers evolve. I call stupidy to any and all who think a game mod like this stays the same over time. If you look back into your memory, how many game styles came and went? I personally am all for the old zombie escape but I guess it's simply become a matter of letting go.

I agree with this. Times change and so do people. I don't really like when people bash other time generations just because they are apart of a new one. Things were different "back then." What may seem stupid now was actually cool back then. It is like any other gaming console, it is fun to go back and play the old stuff because those were the cool things at the time just like the new maps that are out today, those are the cool things. Kind of hard to explain my train of thought but essentially I agree with what you have mentioned.

• Content Count:  2103

I agree with this. Times change and so do people. I don't really like when people bash other time generations just because they are apart of a new one. Things were different "back then." What may seem stupid now was actually cool back then. It is like any other gaming console, it is fun to go back and play the old stuff because those were the cool things at the time just like the new maps that are out today, those are the cool things. Kind of hard to explain my train of thought but essentially I agree with what you have mentioned.

I wasn't, per say, bashing on the old generations. I was bashing on the people who are bashing on the new generation. I mean, the old maps are still on the server, and they are played, its just now its more of a mixture between the new and the old, with the new being more promonent. They are really just raging because things are changing, and they can't get over it. I mean, hell, at least ZE isn't like nazi zombies.

And yes, they do fixate on boss fights, but you can't say that "You hold off the zombies for a short period of time". Predator is a 10 minute long map, and on Ultimate, you hold off the zombies the entire time, including the boss fight. And on mako, you have maybe a 30 second boss fight, the rest is holding off the zombies. Prove me wrong?

I am literally having to defend the new maps because all the people who enjoyed playing the old maps, half of which i was here before, just sit around and complain. I played the old maps too, and I still like the new maps. It's a shocker, right?

I'm just tired of people trying to change this stuff. Things change.

Woah dude, calm down lol. No need to start throwing out insults.

I think the old maps still require teamwork. Back in 08- there was not as much douchebaggery, were people wouldn't hold vehicles. You can't say they didn't require teamwork. Perfect example - original Rooftop runaway. No way in hell could you survive without teamwork. You need to watch your flank the entire map. One main blockade were a few bullets can make the difference between life and death, and a LOT of fast paced action. Licciana (idk if i spelled that correctly) escape is also a good example of an old map were teamwork is required. 4way caves too.

And i always see people nominating the older maps. And there aren't a lot of good old maps on the map list. We need more city graveyard, moonlight, roy the ship, roy facility, and others i can't think of at the moment. It is ignorant to claim that in old school escape people wouldn't hold gates, vehicles, etc. Modern escape is were this mostly happens.

Whoops, didnt see this.

I was here back in 08. I started to play here back when it was still ZM. And All of the examples you listed, i actually can't really think of how they apply. All good maps, but really, Teamwork was more of a napalm theme than a ZE theme. The point of ZE is to run. So thats what you do. You run. Sometimes you turn and shoot, or hold them off at a choke point. But actually teamwork farther than that? And, as many people point out, on maps like Jurrasic park, a lot of people (Afamad cough) would intentionally kill their teammates with the bus and think it was funny. Teamwork? No.

The teamwork that you speak of is more of an "Oh hey, theres a zombie about to kill that guy. Might as well help him." or "Oh hey, that zombie is about to kill us all, maybe i should shoot it." ZE never used to be about team work, it was about getting to the end of the map as fast as you could, screw your teammates, and hold off until the resque vehicle arrives. Now, at least, it makes you unite to think of strategies to beat the new boss or to time useing your materia right as to not fuck over your team.

Idk, we could keep argueing like this forever, but that's all I have to say.

• Content Count:  1371

Whoops, didnt see this.

I was here back in 08. I started to play here back when it was still ZM. And All of the examples you listed, i actually can't really think of how they apply. All good maps, but really, Teamwork was more of a napalm theme than a ZE theme. The point of ZE is to run. So thats what you do. You run. Sometimes you turn and shoot, or hold them off at a choke point. But actually teamwork farther than that? And, as many people point out, on maps like Jurrasic park, a lot of people (Afamad cough) would intentionally kill their teammates with the bus and think it was funny. Teamwork? No.

The teamwork that you speak of is more of an "Oh hey, theres a zombie about to kill that guy. Might as well help him." or "Oh hey, that zombie is about to kill us all, maybe i should shoot it." ZE never used to be about team work, it was about getting to the end of the map as fast as you could, screw your teammates, and hold off until the resque vehicle arrives. Now, at least, it makes you unite to think of strategies to beat the new boss or to time useing your materia right as to not fuck over your team.

Idk, we could keep argueing like this forever, but that's all I have to say.

Lol first of all i don't see this as an argument, just an intelligent discussion.

I agree, people would do that. But not nearly as much as today. How do you not see teamwork in the maps i listed? If you want more examples, Blackmesa, Moonlight (zm), and Highschool (zm). They all definitely require teamwork. Jurassic..Not so much. Also Spacestation x/z is a good example, because you need a seperate squad to shoot out the generator or else the humans can't escape.

Like i said, its not the lack of team work, its the... Well, its hard to explain. On those maps, you dont HAVE to work as a team. Most people just say fuck it ans run to the end of the map. Yes, some maps do require teamwork, im not saying none of them do, although it may have seemed like it. My original point was that newer maps require just as much, if not more teamwork. Im not trying to say that one is better than the other, they are all good maps, i just think people wanted a change, and with maps like mako and pred, they found that change. I mean, there is a mixture of new and old maps on the server, and the old ones do get played, admittedly less than the new ones, but what does it matter? If you really love ZE as I do, you will accept the fact that most people wanted a change, and they got it. And you may argue that no one likes the new map, but obviously they do, or they wouldnt be played so much. They are over played. But they are still good.

I wasn't, per say, bashing on the old generations. I was bashing on the people who are bashing on the new generation. I mean, the old maps are still on the server, and they are played, its just now its more of a mixture between the new and the old, with the new being more promonent. They are really just raging because things are changing, and they can't get over it. I mean, hell, at least ZE isn't like nazi zombies.

And yes, they do fixate on boss fights, but you can't say that "You hold off the zombies for a short period of time". Predator is a 10 minute long map, and on Ultimate, you hold off the zombies the entire time, including the boss fight. And on mako, you have maybe a 30 second boss fight, the rest is holding off the zombies. Prove me wrong?

I am literally having to defend the new maps because all the people who enjoyed playing the old maps, half of which i was here before, just sit around and complain. I played the old maps too, and I still like the new maps. It's a shocker, right?

I'm just tired of people trying to change this stuff. Things change.

I wasn't directing my post at you in general or really at all. It is just something I have seen. Back to the predator topic though I really don't feel like you fight off zombies that much. I was playing it last night on the last level and you rarely fight zombies off. You run to the elevator and shoot a zombie for 5 seconds, then you run until you fall into that hole that brings you by another elevator in which you don't even really shoot a zombie, then you go wait for that transporter thing that lifts you up in the air and you don't fight off any more zombies there either. Finally is the first part where you see zombie action is when people don't know to crouch while they go through the hole and get caught by zombies. You finally hold off zombies for about 10 seconds in that room then you take a transporter to the boss. Now this is where basically one or two people out of the say 25 people alive have to hold of zombies while the rest shoot the boss.

Now I am not bashing predator because I do enjoy the map, I really do like to play it. My main point is maps like these are more focused around fighting off bosses rather than zombies. I mean watch the time that SG beat the map:

you can see basically the zombie just running along until that one part I mentioned where they actually make contact. You do see a couple people shooting off the zombie at a ladder but they don't HAVE to.

Now again, I wasn't directing my post just at you or anyone in general, I was just stating my opinion. I don't prefer new maps or old maps even though I began here with some of the "older maps." My main point is that they are different styles of play. It's not a bad thing and I wouldn't say it's a good thing. Things are just different.

I agree that they are different. But you DO have to fight off zombies at both elevators and at the end in a regualr round. Fullmetal is just a fail zombie, lol.

• Content Count:  1371

I agree that they are different. But you DO have to fight off zombies at both elevators and at the end in a regualr round. Fullmetal is just a fail zombie, lol.

But then again as spiffy said in one of the earlier posts; you have to admit that most new zombie escape maps have the zombies teleported back when you reach a certain point. perfect example is the biohazard one

Reply to Thread