? servers

? players online

My 2 cents on improving escape

• Content Count:  1371

Cool of you bro!

Just see what will happen. Escape died before, so improvements will be better. The problem with teamwork is that the maps that we play aren't based on teamplay. The Atix chopper map just needed teamwork or the round would have ended sooo fast. The big concern with people these days is that maps have to look cool and they don't care about the gameplay.

Simple short maps with overpowering zombies, that's the old school style ;)

Yup i agree lol, short and sweet and to the point.

• Content Count:  4960

Uhhh something like that, but not music that has to be triggered. just that it happens randomly throughout the round.

I meant radio because people like me don't want random music playing over their own music playing the background. Maps like Predator which play ME2 and Trailer Music at full blast is a problem enough lol.

• Content Count:  4123

"Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins."

No, The new skins are a big hit!

Also you should play in the server on the weekends, it's packed full now.

• Content Count:  2553

"Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins."

No, The new skins are a big hit!

Also you should play in the server on the weekends, it's packed full now.

Too bad in the week-days it's quite the opposite.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2283

Actually most of the new maps dictate having no teamwork. Everyone just runs to the next door and waits there until it opens. A lot of the new maps like to teleport the zombies back or hold them in an area while you do something else and it's retarded. In the old days I was constantly shooting the zombies back the entire map.

Meh, I have to disagree. The only map I see like this is POTC.

In Mako, you have to defend 3 routes zombies have access to, the choke points actually require a great deal of teamwork. I.E. Holding the bridge and slowing down zombies while a few people go hit the button, then continue to hold until the elevator opens up. You also have to time your materias just right or else you can screw your whole team up by using it too early.

In Predator, you have to hold off a base from 4 different ways zombies have access to enter(at least before the harder levels) then even in the harder levels, you have to have someone stay behind and grenade the zombies or else they will catch up very quickly and infect a majority of the players. Oh, and not to mention that during the boss fights, you need to use communication and teamwork for parts such as the orbs, if you do not have people spread out, you will die.

I'm not too sure about the newer biohazard since I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the older biohazard > Newer version.

In ze_paranoid, it's actually quite a fun map with a lot of chaotic scenes, you can win by yourself, or you can lose with a whole team of humans. It's all about the items you pick up in the labyrinth and using them in conjunction with your teammates while holding off a horde of zombies. As far as I know, this map does not use any invisible walls for the zombies.

In ze_infiltration, you have to hold off the elevator for a series of choke points that are very hard to defend against and the only way to win is to communicate properly and shoot the zombies back. Sure, it holds the zombies in a little container up in the air while the humans escape, but that's better than having a breakable barrier that the zombies will crowd and take even longer to break since they'll be stabbing each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old maps, but it seems that some of you guys are just jumping on the bandwagon and say "Old school maps require the most teamwork" without even playing any of the newer maps. Most of the maps I listed above don't even have invisible walls that hold the zombies off, and the zombies can easily overpower a small unorganized team.

Sometimes the older maps get boring since that's all we used to play back in the day, it's nice to change to something new, and if you're a fan of the way the maps used to be back in the day with breakable zombie stoppers, then make a newer map that uses those same properties. To me, I love the old maps, but I find that after a few rounds, it feels as if I've done this before, and I actually have, because in the past it's all we ever used to play and gets a little boring...

• Like 1
Edited by Lucid

• Content Count:  2283

Old maps would make it better and do you really think teamwork will ever happen it would be nice if it did work but noo no does team work silly

Old maps won't make it better if there is nobody to play them...

Teamwork happens all the time in the server, but you don't realize it.

Reply to Thread