? servers

? players online

Server/ Fast DL Maintanance

• Content Count:  6804

The servers have just gone through a massive maintenance.

Here's what went down:

Dedicated Server

• Removed 90gb+ of waste/unneeded files from the 1st dedicated server.
  • Removed around 20,000-45,000!!!! spray download files from each server.
  • Removed a few more 1000 log files scattered on each server.
  • Removed all unneeded server plugins.
  • Removed all unneeded server configs.
  • Removed all unneeded files on the dedicated.
  • Installed a pruning plugin that will auto delete the spray download files and server logs every 7 days. Example: once a file becomes 7 days old since last edited it will be deleted. This is only for sourcemod logging files, download spray files and general server map logs.
  • Removed every map that is not on the maplist.txt on the server from each servers map folder. [Quite a lot of unneeded map files]
  • Deleted all random files from every server that should not have been there (copied over from other servers)
  • Edited most maplists into order now (new maps will now appear at the front of the nominate list so you can see which maps are new)

Fast Downloads Server

• Deleted every map that is not on a servers mapcycle.txt list. There were a shit ton of maps that have grown over the past 3+ years on there. It was rather painful :p. I will be looking into finding or asking someone to create a plugin/script that auto deletes maps once they are removed from the servers mapcycle.txt.
  • Deleted all the unneeded shit that somehow randomly appeared there.
  • Removed some folders that had no need to be there/
  • Added all the MOTDs back to the download site instead of hosting them on my photobucket. (should have not as many loading issues in the servers now).
  • Reduced the download site space by a good 25GB+.
  • Fixed 90% of all the sourcemod errors in each server. I still have a few outstanding that I am hoping to fix later on.

Why?

• Complaints of servers such as minigames and zombie escape having performance issues. I’ve noticed it myself as of late and hopefully this will have improved things a little. The dedicated server is running ALOT faster that it did a few hours ago, there is barley any delay time as there used to be.
  • Having tidy server files / dedicated files = WIN

Please let me know if you find a better in game performance FPS and Lag wise. You wont notice the difference on servers like surf, trikz or prison break. But I am hoping you will feel the difference on minigames and zombie escape.

NOTE 1: Garrys Mod is the only server left to clean up, which I am going to leave to spartan as if I break that he will kill me.

NOTE 2: As I have been removing a lot of maps from the download site, there is the chance that I may have removed a map that is on a server maplist.txt, thus will give you map missing from server. If you find any of these please fill out a server fix request HERE

NOTE 3: If your in the servers for the next 2-3 hours you maybe getting some lag spikes as I am making server backups ATM.

Thank you!

• Like 14

• Content Count:  1324

• Edited most maplists into order now (new maps will now appear at the front of the nominate list so you can see which maps are new)

Fuck yeah!

Reply to Thread