? servers

? players online

Regular players voting on ban appeals or player complaints

• Content Count:  3056

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

For Ban Appeals

I think that when a ban appeal is made, regular players should be able to vote:

yes, unban him (with a reason)

no, do not unban him (with a reason)

This is a great idea because it would allow regular SG members to get their say on an individual. Rulebreakers are not always caught on demo or screenshot, and often cases are left undecided as both parties do not have adequate information. However, if a large number of players vote in favor or against the player, it could easily decide their fate.

Player Complaints

I have seen many player complaints made in the past due to personal grudge. This just takes up forum space and wastes the admins time to read, when they could be banning people who deserve it. I have also seen player complaints where the information is very true, although the evidence is not sufficient.

So you should also add a voting poll on player complaints, with options to:

Vote for the ban of the individual (with a reason)

Vote against the ban of the individual (with a reason)

like i stated before, higher rankings are not always right. they don't always see everything, and so the say of the people would have great effect.

Thank you for reading my post, if you are against this idea please post why and i will update it as best as i can

Im sorry but this is just not smart at all. Half the people who vote would just hit yes/no for theh ell of it or maybe just because they hate the person its fine how it it sorry.

IF this would be our new system, then no, people wouldn't just "hit yes/no for theh ell of it", seeing as you would have to give a reason...

Albania, sorry, but this would NEVER work here. Would make people suck up even worse than people do now, just to get positive votes if they would ever end up having to make an appeal. I also think that it blows since people shouldn't get banned because people don't like the person, people should be banned if they are actually breaking the rules. People can hate you without you breaking the rules.

Also, if, lets say, someone made a complaint against someone all(nearly all) likes, like, Haggard, hell, he could aimbot and still not get banned, so that wouldn't really work either.

Just my opinions though.

• Like 1
Edited by Banana Joe

• Content Count:  219

I see your point I understand why you brought this up, but the "popular vote" can swing in any direction. I really believe that the admins, staff and BD's should do the votes for everything, and not get us involved. As much as I love to defend or attack someone, I believe some of us might not have the maturity to make an adequate decision on someone.

Good idea but as I have stated before, please leave it up to admins and higher ups.

• Content Count:  151

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

For Ban Appeals

I think that when a ban appeal is made, regular players should be able to vote:

yes, unban him (with a reason)

no, do not unban him (with a reason)

This is a great idea because it would allow regular SG members to get their say on an individual. Rulebreakers are not always caught on demo or screenshot, and often cases are left undecided as both parties do not have adequate information. However, if a large number of players vote in favor or against the player, it could easily decide their fate.

Player Complaints

I have seen many player complaints made in the past due to personal grudge. This just takes up forum space and wastes the admins time to read, when they could be banning people who deserve it. I have also seen player complaints where the information is very true, although the evidence is not sufficient.

So you should also add a voting poll on player complaints, with options to:

Vote for the ban of the individual (with a reason)

Vote against the ban of the individual (with a reason)

like i stated before, higher rankings are not always right. they don't always see everything, and so the say of the people would have great effect.

Thank you for reading my post, if you are against this idea please post why and i will update it as best as i can

Any type of voting system is a magnet for trolls, with the obvious reason for voting/spamming "no" as vote.

• Content Count:  1371

"This" refers to your idea/concept. You don't use "this" by itself as a term to describe a person. Way to make yourself look like an idiot. (Yeah, judging your intelligence now)

he said my post wasn't smart at all, if it's a broken system that's fine but either way it is intelligently organized and does have thought behind it. So yes saying it isn't smart at all does judge my intelligence.

Way to make yourself look like an idiot

• Content Count:  984

If people could vote to ban others, there'd be so many player complaints against me.

Not really, cause you'd be gone after the first couple.

lol j/k j/k

..but seriously, you would be

I'm just joking.

but seriously..

• Content Count:  1371

IF this would be our new system, then no, people wouldn't just "hit yes/no for theh ell of it", seeing as you would have to give a reason...

Albania, sorry, but this would NEVER work here. Would make people suck up even worse than people do now, just to get positive votes if they would ever end up having to make an appeal. I also think that it blows since people shouldn't get banned because people don't like the person, people should be banned if they are actually breaking the rules. People can hate you without you breaking the rules.

Also, if, lets say, someone made a complaint against someone all(nearly all) likes, like, Haggard, hell, he could aimbot and still not get banned, so that wouldn't really work either.

Just my opinions though.

fair enough, i must admit that i did write this with the idea that the community MIGHT be a little more mature to not vote in an unjust manner or to suck up, but eh lol

Reply to Thread