? servers

? players online

Turn SG SCRIM into a SG PUG server

• Content Count:  1371

It is public to SG members. Just go in the server and invite your friends. All you need is one admin to start the scrim. The password is public, basically anybody can play just join and invite friends and one admin. Simple as that. What is on the server is fine at the moment. I don't see why you need to add more configs and an anti-cheat. These scrims don't mean anything at the moment especially when they are PUG so why even add an anti-cheat? If someone wants to cheat at all more less a PUG then that is pretty pathetic.

but you have to understand it's 2011, and it's counterstrike. there have been cheaters on CS since the day it was born, and there will always will be.

there is seriously no reason not to do what i requested, it doesn't drastically change anything really, it just adds an anti-cheat system and makes it public. it's still the same server

^ Clearly lazy

not really, earlier today i asked people in CB to play on itand they were all like no thx, there were like 16 people in CB at the time too

Just like to point out; there's this beautiful thing called multi-quote (or w/e) in advanced.

i did it for the postcount

jk, but i forgot. w\e

• Content Count:  1950

but you have to understand it's 2011, and it's counterstrike. there have been cheaters on CS since the day it was born, and there will always will be.

there is seriously no reason not to do what i requested, it doesn't drastically change anything really, it just adds an anti-cheat system and makes it public. it's still the same server

I do understand it's 2011 haha. People cheat all the time but why would someone want to cheat in a pick-up game with no meaning? I don't think I have ever even questioned a player in the scrim server yet and even if there was usually there are a few good admins that can spot them. It isn't that hard to notice. Scrim servers are typically private and this one is public with a password. This prevents random outsiders from just joining and screwing around. Join the server and invite your friends as simple as that. I don't see why they need to add different configs, make it public, and add an anti-cheat.

I do understand it's 2011 haha. People cheat all the time but why would someone want to cheat in a pick-up game with no meaning? I don't think I have ever even questioned a player in the scrim server yet and even if there was usually there are a few good admins that can spot them. It isn't that hard to notice. Scrim servers are typically private and this one is public with a password. This prevents random outsiders from just joining and screwing around. Join the server and invite your friends as simple as that. I don't see why they need to add different configs, make it public, and add an anti-cheat.

because frankly brother, the server is dead a majority of a time. it's not hard to add one 10KB config lol, and sXe injected is also a small download and doesn't effect your game at all. it would take literally 5 seconds to run sXe injected before starting css.

most of the time people don't want to play. ive asked around chatbox the last few days when it was @ like 15 people and pretty much everyone still wasn't in the mood.

• Content Count:  1950

because frankly brother, the server is dead a majority of a time. it's not hard to add one 10KB config lol, and sXe injected is also a small download and doesn't effect your game at all. it would take literally 5 seconds to run sXe injected before starting css.

most of the time people don't want to play. ive asked around chatbox the last few days when it was @ like 15 people and pretty much everyone still wasn't in the mood.

It's not full all the time and scrims aren't going on all the time but the main reasoning behind it being locked is so SG members can use it privately instead of having some unknown randoms playing the in server. I am not saying the files take up space but what I am saying is that they are useless for our scrim server. From what I have seen the scrim server is mainly just for fun. All the matches I have participated in (if you want to call what I do participation) are far from serious and people calling out hackers.

I see why you want to do this and it's because you want to have a place where you can go scrim any time. Which this is generally the place it just takes the extra effort to get people to join. Can it be annoying wanting to scrim when nobody else does? Yes. But at the same time the server is protected by a password to keep out unwanted players in the server. Try inviting friends on steam or something like that it may help. If you also go around into some of the servers asking people if they want to scrim many of them will be more than willing to come in and participate.

• Content Count:  4960

There's nothing wrong with the pug server. It runs league settings (1:45 round times, 35 second bomb timer, 15 second freeze time, etc) that are used by ESEA, Newegg for Wanfest, ESL, CEVO, etc. It's passworded so that only a person who has an affiliation with anybody can get in because they just have to simply look up/ask a friend for the password. It also runs zBlock (which enforces rates and a bunch of client side stuff among other things) and cheating is never really an issue as people pick up if people are cheating anyways.

The server isn't meant to be full 24/7 as it's organized/events/announcements just like regular scrims. If the problem is that you want to play whenever then yea sure, you have to wait for people interested to go online, but other than that the server itself needs no modifications. If you REALLY are desperate to play scrims on the go like ESEA then go on mirc and look all randoms. It's like trikz (which is also mostly empty), you need to know people if you want to get things going in that server.

• Content Count:  2103

There have been less scrims because, a few weeks ago, i would be on that server 4-5 times a day, trying to get scrims going and such. i have become busy as of late, so I haven't been able to do that. It really isnt that hard to get people to join if you know who to ask.

Reply to Thread