? servers

? players online

Turn SG SCRIM into a SG PUG server

• Content Count:  984

who cares about the reg? it's not THAT bad. and it's barely used lol. even if it doesn't cost money, its a shame to have it sitting there for no reason. turn it into a public PUG server with the addons i suggested, and a CFG that automatically runs when 10 players are joined, not just by an admin, and i can guarantee it will be more popular [trust me, people would kill to have a scrim server with an anti-cheat client for FREE]

i don't get the rest of your post though.

"its used quite often, its a scrim server so obviously isn't 24/7 full."

"Its a pug server, the password is only there so SG people can use and access it"

Honestly you have no idea what you are talking about. It is a scrim server that is used for PUGs by SG members many times each day. Generally when people don't know the password they look in the scrim forum where it is listed.

what the title says. SG scrim is never used, it's always dead and i'm sure it costs money to run. it also has a password for no apparent reason, and according to caution SGSL ended 2 years ago.

So what i want to propose is to turn SG SCRIM into a PUG [pick up game] server similar to an ESEA server. What this means is basically it requires 10 players to start, a friendly 5v5 on league maps only. It would be for anyone to use, good or bad, just for fun and for practice.

Things it would require:

1. SxE injected - it's basically a addon you run while playing CS that disables any cheats from being used. it's usually not possible to bypass SxE, and it's 100% safe.

2. CAL.cfg - basically a small CFG file that enables the game to start with CAL league settings and has the ten second count down and the *MATCH IS NOW LIVE* stuff.

3. ACS anti-cheat client

First of all, no one uses CAL configs or ACS anymore. SxE was never really a good client because it's bloated. This server is here for SG Members who wish to play a semi competitive game. If the SGSL starts back up it will be for SG Members.

• Content Count:  1371

Honestly you have no idea what you are talking about. It is a scrim server that is used for PUGs by SG members many times each day. Generally when people don't know the password they look in the scrim forum where it is listed.

First of all, no one uses CAL configs or ACS anymore. SxE was never really a good client because it's bloated. This server is here for SG Members who wish to play a semi competitive game. If the SGSL starts back up it will be for SG Members.

many times each day? i check it everytime i'm on css hoping for it to have anyone on it, and it's dead..

what are you talking about no one uses them? i'm pretty sure the cevo website still offers ACS as a download. the cal config is also generally the main cfg still used for scrims that i've seen

what do you mean SxE is bloated?

• Content Count:  6712

It's usually full for a pug or two everyday around 5-9 UK time.

Tbh with all this spare donate money we could host a UK one too.......with some good reg?

It's usually full for a pug or two everyday around 5-9 UK time.

Tbh with all this spare donate money we could host a UK one too.......with some good reg?

i just want a PUG similar to ESEA for free. cba to pay 7$ a month when i barely play competitively

or when ther is an annocument

exactly what you posted. it's kind of sad that thre has to be an announcement to fill up an otherwise dead server. this is why i want it to be public with the settings i listed

• Content Count:  1950

exactly what you posted. it's kind of sad that thre has to be an announcement to fill up an otherwise dead server. this is why i want it to be public with the settings i listed

It is public to SG members. Just go in the server and invite your friends. All you need is one admin to start the scrim. The password is public, basically anybody can play just join and invite friends and one admin. Simple as that. What is on the server is fine at the moment. I don't see why you need to add more configs and an anti-cheat. These scrims don't mean anything at the moment especially when they are PUG so why even add an anti-cheat? If someone wants to cheat at all more less a PUG then that is pretty pathetic.

Reply to Thread