Turn SG SCRIM into a SG PUG server

• Content Count:  1371

Kiddo lol, you're a wizard harry

you are dumb as fuck

a wizard harry? lol?

gtfo i don't have time for your ignorance

Edited by alb

Well if you haven't played in the scrim server then i don't think you should be suggesting to change it into a PUG.

i've played in it a few times.

I've played probably over 100 scrims on it and it's perfect as the way it is

what i proposed doesn't change the server at all..it simply makes it public..it's still a pug/scrim server

• Content Count:  2206

who cares about the reg? it's not THAT bad. and it's barely used lol. even if it doesn't cost money, its a shame to have it sitting there for no reason. turn it into a public PUG server with the addons i suggested, and a CFG that automatically runs when 10 players are joined, not just by an admin, and i can guarantee it will be more popular [trust me, people would kill to have a scrim server with an anti-cheat client for FREE]

i don't get the rest of your post though.

"its used quite often, its a scrim server so obviously isn't 24/7 full."

"Its a pug server, the password is only there so SG people can use and access it"

That's where your wrong. You'd think everyone wants a public PuG server. However there are several servers out there that does it and are empty 24/7. If you want proof check out MPPS. They host public PuG servers that are empty all day everyday.

On a side note its hard to find the CAL.cfg anymore because its old as fuck. ZBLOCK is an ACS as it will find your client side mistakes (r_drawothermodels 2) Other than that you can't expect SG to go make a deal with a programmer to make an ACS because let's face it. ESEA and SG are 2 completely different communities. ESEA has their ACS because people WILL download it so that they can play in the league and in the pug servers. SG doesn't offer anything near that and never will so a player who wants to join it and can't because it says "Go download our ACS on www.steam-gamers.net", will not do it. Maybe a few will but the general population isn't gonna waste their time downloading an ACS for 1 scrim server.

And the reg is terrible. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know how to tell the difference from GOOD reg to BAD reg. A server that is just for fun between us friends here in SG is different then making it public to people who want to come and have a serious pug.

Also, if you want to get real about it and have an actual PuG public server that would mean admin mod needs to be disabled no SxE just zblock the cfgs and a .ready system. A REAL pug/scrim server doesn't have stuff like SxE or admin in it.

EDIT: To mick: WIZARD DOUWN

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry I saw some more retardation going on. As you aren't talking about Reg CSS its because its not a traditional 5v5 match up like you want. But if you've only played in the server a handful of times you can't really comment on anything or suggest a massive change like that. You think that by taking it off private people are just gonna come pouring in. No. Your going to have to sit in there and invite people. Maybe youll get a few randoms but for the most part your not gonna join and 5 minutes later theres gonnna be people lining to come into SG's public PuG server. If you honestly think that. Well then you must be some kind of wizard harry.

• Like 1
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  1842

a wizard harry? lol?

gtfo i don't have time for your ignorance

you are a fool that has no idea what you are talking about jesus kid take a fucking break and stop posting this shit can't you see no one agrees with you, if you spent more time in this community and the scrim/pug server maybe people would take you a bit more seriously

• Like 1

That's where your wrong. You'd think everyone wants a public PuG server. However there are several servers out there that does it and are empty 24/7. If you want proof check out MPPS. They host public PuG servers that are empty all day everyday.

On a side note its hard to find the CAL.cfg anymore because its old as fuck. ZBLOCK is an ACS as it will find your client side mistakes (r_drawothermodels 2) Other than that you can't expect SG to go make a deal with a programmer to make an ACS because let's face it. ESEA and SG are 2 completely different communities. ESEA has their ACS because people WILL download it so that they can play in the league and in the pug servers. SG doesn't offer anything near that and never will so a player who wants to join it and can't because it says "Go download our ACS on www.steam-gamers.net", will not do it. Maybe a few will but the general population isn't gonna waste their time downloading an ACS for 1 scrim server.

And the reg is terrible. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know how to tell the difference from GOOD reg to BAD reg. A server that is just for fun between us friends here in SG is different then making it public to people who want to come and have a serious pug.

Also, if you want to get real about it and have an actual PuG public server that would mean admin mod needs to be disabled no SxE just zblock the cfgs and a .ready system. A REAL pug/scrim server doesn't have stuff like SxE or admin in it.

EDIT: To mick: WIZARD DOUWN

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry I saw some more retardation going on. As you aren't talking about Reg CSS its because its not a traditional 5v5 match up like you want. But if you've only played in the server a handful of times you can't really comment on anything or suggest a massive change like that. You think that by taking it off private people are just gonna come pouring in. No. Your going to have to sit in there and invite people. Maybe youll get a few randoms but for the most part your not gonna join and 5 minutes later theres gonnna be people lining to come into SG's public PuG server. If you honestly think that. Well then you must be some kind of wizard harry.

i saw cal.cfg on gotfrag a few days ago. last summer i would find public pugs always full/hard to get in. maybe they have declined, but there are still servers like sourceinvite competitive pug (even though it has 18 slots and isn't really a real pug) that usually always have people in them.

i know real PUG systems don't have sXe etc, but the only reason i suggested it was because it would have to compensate for an anti-cheat client.

but i don't really get at by "massive change" the only thing i wanted was a cfg or too and a public server. but you do make some good points, so thank you for the only response so far that actually made sense

Reply to Thread