? servers

? players online

Servers switching now

• Content Count:  4550

Hosting your own ventrilo? You're going to pay for its expensive license cost?

Cool new servers though, when are the old ones going to be removed?

There's a public version too although I've not looked into it that much.

The old servers will remain up to move ppl over, but essentially until xfactor just take them offline.

• Content Count:  2085

There's a public version too although I've not looked into it that much.

The old servers will remain up to move ppl over, but essentially until xfactor just take them offline.

Public version without a license only lets you run 10 slots. getmumblekthx, ask me on Steam if you choose this and need help setting it up.

Ok cool.

• Content Count:  3343

Public version without a license only lets you run 10 slots. getmumblekthx, ask me on Steam if you choose this and need help setting it up.

Ok cool.

according to spartan, they were considering it but ultimately thought it'd be a bad idea. I don't know the whole background on why they'd think it'd be a bad idea but whatever, I would have liked to use mumble. You can try to convince him but most likely it won't happen.

• Content Count:  3391

I didn't use Mumble because I couldn't get MAP to work and gave up on it. If someone wants to help me set it up, I'm all for it. For whatever reason, the ICE PHP extension wouldn't load no matter what I tried and I don't get why.

• Content Count:  2085

I didn't use Mumble because I couldn't get MAP to work and gave up on it. If someone wants to help me set it up, I'm all for it. For whatever reason, the ICE PHP extension wouldn't load no matter what I tried and I don't get why.
Solution: don't use ICE PHP. I personally have never used it, as you can do everything as the root Mumble account, including giving access to people who can configure the ACLs/groups in their own standalone Mumble client (for example "setting people up", even though you don't really need that with the certificate-based auth that Mumble provides).

Feel free to add me on Steam if you need more help. I've never set it up on Windows, but it was pretty straightforward using the root Mumble account to setup groups following their guide.

Reply to Thread