? servers

? players online

DayZ Standalone - Will you be buying?

• Content Count:  52

Hope they change the inventory menu. I don't understand it.

The inventory menu is amazing. I like how it's a more of a risk to go into your inventory, unlike other games *cough*Warz*cough* where you just walk around the items holding 'E'.

• Content Count:  3791

The mod is amazing, the only thing that I disliked was the overrun of hackers. The standalone will not only make the mod 100x better but will also remove all the script kiddies (95% of the hackers).

Yeah man, the new server base so everything is called by the server is such a nice idea, hopefully it gets implemented correctly so there isn't any lagg!

• Content Count:  2942

Virtually everything that existed in ArmA2 is being reworked. A quick summary of what is being done right now:

New Skeleton and animations. Completely done again from scratch. The previous rig was a decade old. All these animations are to be motion captured from scratch again. This is a long term project, but the first results will be seen with zombies relatively soon. This is a big deal. Any animators out there will no just how much of a change this will make.

New Zombie AI. As noted this is being worked on at the moment. First step has been getting zombies to run inside, which looks great

Entirely new weapons. Every weapon and item in standalone is being redone. The new AK is the first weapon and it looks amazing. It also features a number of attachments.

Nothing is just copied over from the mod. I can't think of a single asset that has not been reworked and redeveloped so far, everything is being made better, more optimized, or something like that.

rocket2guns comments on Rocket just tweeted this

Reply to Thread