? servers

? players online

SG TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  62

I liked TS when I used it. Vent is also fine and serves its purpose. Switching for switching sake probably is not a good enough reason in my opinion. If vent is working for us then probably no need to move to something else.

• Content Count:  954

i think this is 99% bitching about a bad headset/speaker setup for reasons to switch

Voice is perfectly fine on vent without downsides, when I play music on psyche's channel nobody complains about quality

No major reason to switch any way.

EDIT:

Why are we to fix something not broken?

reasons to switch are entirely opinionated, reasons not to switch are based on the work it would take to set everyone up and get the system running

• Content Count:  2167

i think this is 99% bitching about a bad headset/speaker setup for reasons to switch

Voice is perfectly fine on vent without downsides, when I play music on psyche's channel nobody complains about quality

No major reason to switch any way.

EDIT:

reasons to switch are entirely opinionated, reasons not to switch are based on the work it would take to set everyone up and get the system running

Again sky, the sound quality is not opinion. Its fact. And this has nothing to do with headset quality. Not sure where you got that. On top of that, its extremely easy to manage and Para already generously offered to manage it.

Why are we to fix something not broken?

There isnt a reason we have to switch but since alot of people prefer it and already have it, why not try it out? Vent may not be broken but there are a number of features in TS3 that make it preferable.

• Content Count:  88

Again sky, the sound quality is not opinion. Its fact. And this has nothing to do with headset quality. Not sure where you got that. On top of that, its extremely easy to manage and Para already generously offered to manage it.

I can undoubtedly hear the difference in quality, both on my good speaker setup and with my cheapest setup, reguardless of the users mic. Besides vent has this issue of voice cutting out midword, and starting mid-word. It did in 2007, it stlill does now. Never had the issue in TS. Tho that may be a user issue(talking too soon after pressing the talk key/nowing when to press the PTT, or better voice activtion detection. or maybe its just the program/codec itself)

• Content Count:  954

you say TS3 is better

kubo says vent is better

and i say superman 64 is a beautiful work of art that details the second coming of jesus christ

opinions

There isnt a reason we have to switch but since alot of people prefer it and already have it, why not try it out? Vent may not be broken but there are a number of features in TS3 that make it preferable.

you just said there is no reason to switch

so why the fuck should we switch

every reason for TS3 is either opinionated or based on features we don't really need

you say TS3 is better

kubo says vent is better

and i say superman 64 is a beautiful work of art that details the second coming of jesus christ

opinions

you just said there is no reason to switch

so why the fuck should we switch

every reason for TS3 is either opinionated or based on features we don't really need

Sky, higher resolution audio is higher resolution. FACT. fact is not opinion. You have not used ts3, I have managed TS3 and vent servers and used both extensively. TS3 is better in ease of management, ease of use, features, and quality as most of the people who use it regularly agree. I am saying we should give it a chance. I cant figure out why you are so against it. In CB earlier, the people who have used TS3 were all either neutral or strongly in favor of TS3 over vent. But you are polarized against it without any experience with it.

Reply to Thread