? servers

? players online

SG TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  2167

there is a built in chat box for ventrilo.

(just if you haven't noticed it)

mLsbo7a.jpg

Thats just chat isnt it? TS3 has a constant running chat box for each channel and the server as a whole. You can still talk privately with people but you can also type to the whole channel or server.

2dtswhs.png

• Content Count:  88

there is a built in chat box for ventrilo.

(just if you haven't noticed it)

mLsbo7a.jpg

Ive know about the CB, It uses a separate window, which i do not need more of, even with 3 monitors running. Plus the chat isnt constant. you have to click on chat to "enter", and only those people in the chat(which was at 0 on 4 rooms in our server when i checked) will see your messages(not sure if the rest get a notification or not. Just seems like too much work for the same effect, with reduced results.

Tbh its sad, ive used vent since 2007, and ts since 2012, yet i know far far more about ts, and am more inline with it :p.

• Content Count:  3343

Also, unlike when we tried mumble, quite a few of us already have teamspeak installed.

'i already have it installed so it is obviously better'

Features include better sound quality

because i want the best voice quality for my online gaming voip server

easy file storage

i literally have no idea what the fuck this is

built in chat boxes

because we don't already have enough ways to fucking chat with each other. We have the forums in general, that stupid cometchat thing, steam chat, ventrilo private chat, ventrilo server wide chat, jesus christ do you really want ANOTHER chatbox for every fucking channel.

priority speaker

hooray for gimmicks

channel commanders (can talk to other commanders across channels)

or you can just fucking PM them, steam chat them, vent chat them, comet chat them. Holy shit why do we need all these fucking different chat windows

the ability to adjust individual players' volumes

you can already do that in vent

along with a number of management features

why do you care how easy it is for us to manage the server? But I agree after porting over all the ventrilo bans, resetting up everyone, remaking all the channels, i am sure those management features will be very useful.

Audio codecs available on TS3 range from the lowest bandwidth audio you can imagine up to the superb Opus Stereo Opus Codec with 510kbs stereo sound.

holy shit its a gaming voip server, why do you care so much about audio quality

Thats just chat isnt it? TS3 has a constant running chat box for each channel and the server as a whole.

holy fuck why would you want that, we already have a billion variations of chat

'i already have it installed so it is obviously better'

because i want the best voice quality for my online gaming voip server

i literally have no idea what the fuck this is

because we don't already have enough ways to fucking chat with each other. We have the forums in general, that stupid cometchat thing, steam chat, ventrilo private chat, ventrilo server wide chat, jesus christ do you really want ANOTHER chatbox for every fucking channel.

hooray for gimmicks

or you can just fucking PM them, steam chat them, vent chat them, comet chat them. Holy shit why do we need all these fucking different chat windows

you can already do that in vent

why do you care how easy it is for us to manage the server? But I agree after porting over all the ventrilo bans, resetting up everyone, remaking all the channels, i am sure those management features will be very useful.

holy shit its a gaming voip server, why do you care so much about audio quality

holy fuck why would you want that, we already have a billion variations of chat

Its not better because I have it installed, I am saying this is more likely to take off than the mumble server because many SG members already have it. TS3 has built in file storage (can be disabled or access limited) for easy uploading and hosting of files. As to the chat, even doing simple things like sending a video link to the people of the channel is much easier done this way. Is it a big deal? no, but as you can read in this thread, a few people expressed an interest in it. Everyone on this thread who has experience with both vent and TS3 prefer TS3. The only complaints against it seem to be "why should we bother". So then, why should we bother? Well, because a number of us feel that TS3 is preferable and Para has already volunteered his time to manage this. If you dont want to try it fiine but when it doesnt inconvenience you in the slightest how could you be so strongly against it?

audiophiles and gimmicks

yes, yes I am an audiophile, I listen to vinyl records, hand build tube amps, and own a reel to reel tape player. do you have a problem with that?

• Content Count:  3343

Its not better because I have it installed, I am saying this is more likely to take off than the mumble server because many SG members already have it.

because installing mumble takes like what less than a minute to download and 2 minutes to set up.

the humanity

TS3 has built in file storage (can be disabled or access limited) for easy uploading and hosting of files.

why the fuck does anyone need or want that, anyone who already wants file storage either uploads it or uses a dropbox like client anyway, and not only that but that would just fucking clog the server with a bunch of useless shit people uplaod

As to the chat, even doing simple things like sending a video link to the people of the channel is much easier done this way.

put it in your comment? or is hitting right click and clicking copy comment and then pasting it into your browser just too many things to do to look at some dumb image url that your friend posted.

Is it a big deal? no, but as you can read in this thread, a few people expressed an interest in it. Everyone on this thread who has experience with both vent and TS3 prefer TS3. The only complaints against it seem to be "why should we bother"

yeah those people are right, its not like those fucking people have to actually deal with setting it up, yes lets make fucking paralyzed do it and when he's done we can test out our brand new teamspeak server that we didn't contribute to at all. great.

So then, why should we bother? Well, because a number of us feel that TS3 is preferable and Para has already volunteered his time to manage this.

listen, maybe if vent was so fucking garbage and was constantly breaking we would have a reason to switch. But there is absolutely no reason to switch right now, at all.

If you dont want to try it fiine but when it doesnt inconvenience you in the slightest how could you be so strongly against it?

because there is literally no point in switching, you just decide one day 'hey i know vent works perfectly and all, but i think we should switch to teamspeak so we can have more gimmicky bullshit features that are for the most part already included in vent but it takes more then one click to get to them so i don't like it.'

Reply to Thread