? servers

? players online

SG TeamSpeak

• Content Count:  2167

because installing mumble takes like what less than a minute to download and 2 minutes to set up.

the humanity

why the fuck does anyone need or want that, anyone who already wants file storage either uploads it or uses a dropbox like client anyway, and not only that but that would just fucking clog the server with a bunch of useless shit people uplaod

put it in your comment? or is hitting right click and clicking copy comment and then pasting it into your browser just too many things to do to look at some dumb image url that your friend posted.

yeah those people are right, its not like those fucking people have to actually deal with setting it up, yes lets make fucking paralyzed do it and when he's done we can test out our brand new teamspeak server that we didn't contribute to at all. great.

listen, maybe if vent was so fucking garbage and was constantly breaking we would have a reason to switch. But there is absolutely no reason to switch right now, at all.

because there is literally no point in switching, you just decide one day 'hey i know vent works perfectly and all, but i think we should switch to teamspeak so we can have more gimmicky bullshit features that are for the most part already included in vent but it takes more then one click to get to them so i don't like it.'

People are far more likely to simply connect to the SG TS3 server using a program they already use than they are to go download mumble and install it. So yes it is more likely to work out. As to the file storage, like I said you can disable it or restrict access to it. If only admins cant upload I highly doubt it would fill up with junk. And no I didnt just wake up one day and decide we should switch to team speak, A number of people were discussing it in the chatbox and there was a fair bit of support and interest in this so after someone said someone should make a suggestion, I did. As I have said multiple times, teamspeak has a number of advantages over vent, you personally may not care but many of us do and we think its worth giving an upgrade a chance. Im not saying we should just drop vent, I am simply asking that we give TS3 a chance.

• Content Count:  11501

I have experience with both and I prefer Vent over anything. In fact if we got TS I probably would not use it. I'm an oldfag with vent and I've used it since I was like 11 or 12. I will never support a change because we don't need it. Vent works perfectly fine for what we need it for, and I certainly do not see TS as an upgrade at all. Also, exactly what Spartan said. I seriously doubt this will ever, ever happen.

Absolute 0 support from me.

I have experience with both and I prefer Vent over anything. In fact if we got TS I probably would not use it. I'm an oldfag with vent and I've used it since I was like 11 or 12. I will never support a change because we don't need it. Vent works perfectly fine for what we need it for, and I certainly do not see TS as an upgrade at all. Also, exactly what Spartan said. I seriously doubt this will ever, ever happen.

Absolute 0 support from me.

Did you use TS3 or TS2 because 3 is a great inprovement over 2? I could definatley see people objecting to a switch to TS2

• Content Count:  954

i don't know why the fuck you keep pushing this point

it has no support from caution, spartan, psyche and evilshadow. (and i'm sure numerous other higherups) not to mention how many regs/SA's that object to this

odds are it's not going to happen, so continuing to try to say it's a good idea is just a pointless waste of your time

• Like 1

i don't know why the fuck you keep pushing this point

it has no support from caution, spartan, psyche and evilshadow. (and i'm sure numerous other higherups) not to mention how many regs/SA's that object to this

odds are it's not going to happen, so continuing to try to say it's a good idea is just a pointless waste of your time

sky, why are YOU posting here. you are on a crusade against something you have never used. I am simply explaining a suggestion I made and you, who have no knowledge of the matter, are dead set against it. Care to explain what you hate about TS3?

• Content Count:  3343

People are far more likely to simply connect to the SG TS3 server using a program they already use than they are to go download mumble and install it.

okay what about the people who have mumble installed and not teamspeak, more people are likely to use that instead of teamspeak 3. its a fucking double sided argument, same as if they didnt have either installed they are more likely to not give a shit about either. Just because a few people have it installed does not increase the likelihood of people joining, in fact it probably doesn't increase the likelihood at all because installing either program takes SECONDS, and only a HUGE fucking idiot would be like 'well i have teamspeak 3 installed and not mumble so mumble is obviously out of the question.

As to the file storage, like I said you can disable it or restrict access to it. If only admins cant upload I highly doubt it would fill up with junk.

there is NO POINT to this feature whatsoever, anyone who wants to use has file storage has much better alternatives than teamspeak. In fact you can quote me on this, anyone who relies on file storage from teamspeak is a fucking idiot.

And no I didnt just wake up one day and decide we should switch to team speak, A number of people were discussing it in the chatbox and there was a fair bit of support and interest in this so after someone said someone should make a suggestion, I did.

it is a waste of time, and a waste of effort. in fact i am going to play a game with you, its called pick the response. You can choose the nice, honest, and the 'not thinking about what i say' response.

Nice Response

There are much more pressing issues to deal with than trying to switch everyone over to teamspeak.

Honest Response

95% sure all those people on fucking chatbox know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how much effort it takes to switch people over. It means porting over all the bans, remaking all the permissions for people and setting everyone up again, getting all the admins to figure out how to use teamspeak management system, everyone relearning how to use teamspeak. All for something that people might not even use and then die a week later, just like mumble did.

'Not thinking about what I am saying' Response

All those people in chatbox are selfish motherfuckers, including yourself. Yeah to you and everyone else its like "alright we got teamspeak," but to the higher ups that actually had to set up the fucking thing it was more like "wow what a bunch of shit we didn't even have to do in the first place." For you guys you are getting a nice shiny version of vent with a bunch of gimmicky bullshit, and we are given the absolute pleasure of setting it up, relearning how to use it, and try to get everyone to switch. To top it all off, for something that is ENTIRELY UNNEEDED.

• Like 1

okay what about the people who have mumble installed and not teamspeak, more people are likely to use that instead of teamspeak 3. its a fucking double sided argument, same as if they didnt have either installed they are more likely to not give a shit about either. Just because a few people have it installed does not increase the likelihood of people joining, in fact it probably doesn't increase the likelihood at all because installing either program takes SECONDS, and only a HUGE fucking idiot would be like 'well i have teamspeak 3 installed and not mumble so mumble is obviously out of the question.

there is NO POINT to this feature whatsoever, anyone who wants to use has file storage has much better alternatives than teamspeak. In fact you can quote me on this, anyone who relies on file storage from teamspeak is a fucking idiot.

it is a waste of time, and a waste of effort. in fact i am going to play a game with you, its called pick the response. You can choose the nice, honest, and the 'not thinking about what i say' response.

Nice Response

There are much more pressing issues to deal with than trying to switch everyone over to teamspeak.

Honest Response

95% sure all those people on fucking chatbox know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how much effort it takes to switch people over. It means porting over all the bans, remaking all the permissions for people and setting everyone up again, getting all the admins to figure out how to use teamspeak management system, everyone relearning how to use teamspeak. All for something that people might not even use and then die a week later, just like mumble did.

'Not thinking about what I am saying' Response

All those people in chatbox are selfish motherfuckers, including yourself. Yeah to you and everyone else its like "alright we got teamspeak," but to the higher ups that actually had to set up the fucking thing it was more like "wow what a bunch of shit we didn't even have to do in the first place." For you guys you are getting a nice shiny version of vent with a bunch of gimmicky bullshit, and we are given the absolute pleasure of setting it up, relearning how to use it, and try to get everyone to switch. To top it all off, for something that is ENTIRELY UNNEEDED.

I appreciate that you wouldnt want to do this but I would hardly call making a suggestion in a thread setup specifically for suggestions "selfish". A few of us thought this would be a good idea so we suggested it. Obviously it would take alot of effort and if you dont want to thats fine. I thought this could be a good addition to the community, clearly you disagree.

• Content Count:  11501

If you haven't actually used TS3 and you're just going to post rude and insulting posts then just don't post. I don't like TS3 at all, but Skyrocket you've stepped over the line numerous times with how you talk to other people and rage at them for absolutely no reason.

• Like 4
Edited by Caution

Well any way it would appear not enough people support this. I would be happy to help if someone decides to set up a server in the future but in the mean time, thanks for the consideration.

• Content Count:  954

If you haven't actually used TS3 and you're just going to post rude and insulting posts then just don't post. I don't like TS3 at all, but Skyrocket you've stepped over the line numerous times with how you talk to other people and rage at them for absolutely no reason.

Fair enough, I may have gone overboard, but to be honest this thread devolved into repeating original statements and insults before I even said that. although i do feel rather singled out, not being able to say anything because i'm not AO or SA

Edited by Kurohime

Reply to Thread