? servers

? players online

out of curiousity...

• Content Count:  1086

Aim_ag_Texture_2 wcs 24/7 deathmatch? ^_^ I know Bob i think tried to make a wcs server a couple of months ago, but i don't think anyone was aware of this server.

• Content Count:  561

I would like to have a regular zombie map where you barricade yourself in to kill the incoming zombies. It's just like ZRiot except with real players and actually barricading yourself in to a place. Basically, just maps with "ZM_MapName" in it.

• Content Count:  11501

Aim_ag_Texture_2 wcs 24/7 deathmatch? ^_^ I know Bob i think tried to make a wcs server a couple of months ago, but i don't think anyone was aware of this server.

wcs is a bitch to maintain. Zriot is complicated enough as is, so if I can avoid it I'd like to avoid something THAT difficult....plus it failed, it needs to have constant constant constant dedication from (in all honesty) probably at least 2 higher ups. It's too difficult and too much of a risk for the time and resources, imo

I would like to have a regular zombie map where you barricade yourself in to kill the incoming zombies. It's just like ZRiot except with real players and actually barricading yourself in to a place. Basically, just maps with "ZM_MapName" in it.

Zombie panic?

• Content Count:  2262

Now we must ask ourselves- why do we fail where others succeed? How do we make it so we do not fail ?.

I have a 2 GG server, 2 zm with 1 unlitimed ammo, 1 scout knife and 1 popular map (a.k.a reg) was either almost full or half full whenever i open steam. it's just playerbase problem instead of server gamemode problem

• Content Count:  802

Don't we have Zombie Panic maps on ZE?

I like the idea of Zombie Panic, I used to play it a lot and it was really fun but to be honest, I don't think it's going to work either...

Edit:I remember this server being up last year and it was most of the time empty.

• Content Count:  3401

Don't we have Zombie Panic maps on ZE?

I like the idea of Zombie Panic, I used to play it a lot and it was really fun but to be honest, I don't think it's going to work either...

Zombie Panic is a Source mod and nothing to do with Counter-Strike or zombie escape

I think thomson meant zombie mod where you hold off against zombies (napalm)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  802

Zombie Panic is a Source mod and nothing to do with Counter-Strike or zombie escape

I think thomson meant zombie mod where you hold off against zombies (napalm)

Lol, yeah. I didn't remember the name but I know that PlagueFest has that server and it was fun when it's full.

• Content Count:  4550

I literally do not understand why people keep wanting new servers when they stop being played on. It's driving me insane.

The amount of servers that have had different gamemodes on and people are going crazy to play it when an event comes up, then nobody bothers to rejoin it because they see it empty. Event spam, event spam, event spam. It's just ridiculous. ZRiot is the perfect example where some people have tried to keep it alive with a fucking fixed schedule to populate it, and it's still half and half. Not many play it regularly, randies don't join it that much.

Why does this happen? It's pretty simple you know. People go to the servers that have people on all the time. They become a part of that server, get to know the people and find that they would want to play there again. For us, you pick it up like a new toy then throw it away when you get bored and go back to your old toys. People cling on to the last servers that fill up like a fly to shit. They ain't gona move.

We have too many servers, and too little a playerbase to fill them. MG, PB, ZE, TTT, ZRIOT, Surf, Deathrun, Scrim/reg, Cinema, SurfDM, Trikz. These servers do not even get themselves filled all the time because of various reasons, but the ones that have been self sustaining tend to be the ones that have a shit ton of effort in to make it unique. MG has been lacking a bit lately but Paul made that server the top MG server for a long time because he dedicated an unhealthy amount of time on it. ZE is falling down again, but it's up and down. The amount of time I spent on surf skill was unreal, and it has a good following consistently (sometimes the only server with people on early in the morning). Same for deathrun - MPQC's time, PB - Caution and others. When we make a new server, like I said, it's made and then falls down because there is nothing special. It is the same as the hundreds of other servers, there's no reason why it would work.

Some mods are for fun, I get that. A weekend of rally race, reg, whatever. They are fun but we need to start thinking about the possibility that CSS is becoming old, outdated, and frankly, people stopped caring to make new mods for it. A new server needs dedication to keep it popular. Think about it. Paul has made several of his own maps, these are pretty much unique to SG. MPQC fixed up a lot of maps for Deathrun making it unique for SG. Surf has like over 300 maps with a timer on - pretty much close to the next best server KSF. And so on.

• Like 3
Edited by Spartan

Reply to Thread