? servers

? players online

Ban policy change / Admin shakeup.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Ban policy change / Admin shakeup.

• Yes, we need a butt policy change only.
    • Yes, we need an Admin disco only.
    • Yes, we need both a butt policy change and admin disco.
    • No, i dont want either of these *state why in the comments*.

Steam Gamers Ban policy.

• Content Count:  6465

Definition of a job is not being paid to do it, it is a role in a society/community of is fufilled by you or someone else. And if you look in the ban appeals with 1 year bans, people have appealed 3-4 times even after a years ban and yet they are still not being unbanned. (of cource there are people that repeatedly break the rules such as making multiple accounts to do crap, but people who come back after 1-2 years are having their appeals denied due to admin hate and intolerance which needs to stop).

This is false and can be easily proven wrong. Pointless argument based on little to no facts.

Example:

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54577 - He is being condemned for things he has done in the past to judge him on who he is now. Quote from XeNo

"Good fucking luck. You better write the most sympathetic story of your life if you expect to be unbanned. I mean tears need to be formed and creating a flowing river of anguish before we even consider making a thread in the AO section to discuss your unban. "

That language useage is also unacceptable, its not a joke. Some of these people sincerely want to be unbanned and acting in a childish way commenting that you best make an amazing 'Story' for admins to read is discraceful.

Story would imply describing what he's done in the past to make up for his incredibly ability to break THE SAME RULE over and over just 9ish months earlier. People do not change overnight, and even in 9 months. He fucked up the same rule REPEATEDLY without giving a fuck (clearly). I hold no respect for those who held no respect for our rules. Explain to me why we should just let anyone who applies after a year back on the hopes and dreams they have changed, the logic of that is incredibly stupid.

And so apparently we go about judging people on how many bans they have? So what if someone comes back after 4 years and has 7 bans, what then? What if they have entirely changed and have become mature and sensible within communities? Yet you dont know that because they have not been able to come back since you've shunned him due to him having multiple bans 'Chances'.

BTW multiple bans are not chances, they are punishments. Chances are given when you forgive someone and do NOT give them a ban. And everyone deserves AT THE LEAST two chances. This is about moral judgement, not discriminative judgement.

Multiple bans for the EXACT. SAME. REASON. are multiple CHANCES to learn not to do them. The fact they are not PERMED is their "forgiveness" you are expecting from us.

We judge people based on bans when it is a ridiculous amount over what we usually permit players to have, because it shows an extreme intolerance for paying attention to our rules if they manage to continually break them. Obvious a player coming back after 4 years would be handled differently than one from 6 months. 4 years is time to change, a year is not really that long, and the chances of being changed are slim. This has been proven multiple times in the past where we unban players after a year and they do something in the next MONTH to fuck it up. Humans simply do not change as drastically as your implying they do.

Do we turn players away without getting to know them fully? Yes, because we simply do not have time to get to know every person who wants to be unbanned and then take more time to make sure they aren't just putting up a front to get unbanned. Instead, we expect players who have been permed to convince us why they should be unbanned by making a sympathetic apology or explanation for their actions, as I instructed Jack to do in that post you quoted me on. Turns out he didn't really have much to say in his defense other than "Unban me and you'll see if I've changed or not" which simply isn't a good reason to unban someone who repeatedly, over the limit, broke our rules. The SAME rule at that.

You clearly have a childish way of looking at the world where you believe people can change overnight and that 1 year is a superduper long time, it simply isn't true. Santa Claus isn't real either. You come in here bashing our community's policies with little respect for those who enforce it, I treat you with no respect either. The next time you call me or any other member of this community out on doing something wrong, you better have a really good logical reason for it, not this crap you face smashed into your keyboard then used spell check to come up with.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2238

Can I get back the 5 minutes of my life I spent reading OP and skimming through this thread

I liked the part that this was a 'community vote' but that admins are apparently NOT part of said community.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread