? servers

? players online

Ban policy change / Admin shakeup.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Ban policy change / Admin shakeup.

• Yes, we need a butt policy change only.
    • Yes, we need an Admin disco only.
    • Yes, we need both a butt policy change and admin disco.
    • No, i dont want either of these *state why in the comments*.

Steam Gamers Ban policy.

• Content Count:  2103

Sg is dying to lack of effort and refusal to adapt to new games. Not because trolls are permed.

While what he said seems kind of harsh, I do agree with Harprette. SG needs to expand if it wants to survive, and so far almost every attempt at that has failed.

The csgo server seems to lack dedication by nearly anyone, and so far the NS server hasn't done anything to bring in more people.

Perhaps a BF4 server would help? But no matter what we did, we would need a good few people to be dedicated and help the server get started or we would just be wasting more money.

• Content Count:  4798

Sg is dying to lack of effort and refusal to adapt to new games. Not because trolls are permed.

While what he said seems kind of harsh, I do agree with Harprette. SG needs to expand if it wants to survive, and so far almost every attempt at that has failed.

The csgo server seems to lack dedication by nearly anyone, and so far the NS server hasn't done anything to bring in more people.

Perhaps a BF4 server would help? But no matter what we did, we would need a good few people to be dedicated and help the server get started or we would just be wasting more money.

As xeno already mentioned in another thread, we are working on it . We have plenty of ideas and these ideas are being discussed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

As xeno already mentioned in another thread, we are working on it .

Hey, I'm not trying to badger you guys, I'm just stating that unbanning people is not what we need for the sake of the thread. :o

• Content Count:  3440

Having been involved in many meetings as a CA back in the day I can say that it takes more than 1 or 2 admins with a grudge to perm ban someone. And many perm bans have been overturned if the person has cleaned up their act and comes back with the right attitude.

It seems like (and I could be wrong) you aren't happy because a friend of yours fucked up and now can't play on the servers you want to play on.

When reviewing bans to make them perm or reviewing appeals the bigger picture is always taken into account. Sure bans on servers of other communities don't directly affect SG, but if a person appeals and has been out racking up bans elsewhere while they were banned from SG you can't expect that not to make people wonder about the maturity of a person. It definitely doesn't make us think they won't come back and continue to do the things that go them banned in the first place.

Yes, coming off of a ban is another chance to clean up your act. 3 major bans is generous. Much more lenient that most communities are. 6+ bans and how can you expect us to let someone keep causing problems. Part of why people stick around a community like SG is because we kick the trash out.

Also as far as mixing up the Admins. People become an admin because they have proven that they can be trusted. They can also receive strikes against them and have admin rights removed based on abuse or negative behavior as an admin. So a "Admin Shakeup" won't solve anything, it would just put people that haven't proven themselves in as admin and remove those who have proven themselves.

I'm against both changing the ban system & an admin shakeup.

• Content Count:  3150

This thread. Puhleeze.

As octa and silentfag said the big boys are handling it, not to mention the fact that your theory on the issue is completely wrong.....

Quick blame a group of people, then tell them not to post. Politics at its finest!

Most permed trolls are/were absolutely hated by the general community (atleast of their home server). So......yeah.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6741

Steamgamers community is dying, and that much is true and we all know it. This is due to most players being eventualy perminantly banned for one reason or another which is perfectly fine.

Of course this is the reason why community populating is dying. It's got nothing to do with the fact that it's based on a game that is now over nine years old.

• Content Count:  3073

Hi I'm a fool who does not understand how this and nearly every other internet gaming community works, and i demand the rules be changed to my personal satisfaction regardless of the consequences and how arbitrary they seem.

Fix'd that for you.

• Content Count:  3056

Oh god who made these vote options, I need to know

this is hilarious

also this thread is an abomination, so is your idea and last, but not least, who are you even? I have not seen you around, so I don't really think you have any sort of credibility to back up your "most unpleasant discovery regarding the highly corrupted SG staff" discovery.

• Like 6
Edited by Banana Joe
forgot a word like what up

Reply to Thread