? servers

? players online

Story or Gameplay?

Guest harro

Gameplay imo. Tons of good games that have no story at all, or stories that most people just don't care about (or just aren't pronounced enough to be cared about), or have stories that are complete shit. (Counter Strike, TTT, L4d2, Minecraft, every pokemon game after gen 2, LoL)

I'd only expect a good story if a game is triple A $60 price point or a really dense RPG.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2167

Gameplay imo. Tons of good games that have no story at all, or stories that most people just don't care about (or just aren't pronounced enough to be cared about), or have stories that are complete shit. (Counter Strike, TTT, L4d2, Minecraft, every pokemon game after gen 2, LoL)

I'd only expect a good story if a game is triple A $60 price point or a really dense RPG.

EXACLTY this. And most of the time the games people praise for "story" don't even have good stories at all. They just have an incredible atmosphere, something people often mistake for depth of story. Half-Life 2 for instance has a rather generic and IMO unremarkable story, however, the game designers built such a compelling and complete world that you feel immersed in it.

• Content Count:  3056

This more or less. I personally don't care about the story 90% of the time, I just want gameplay that works.

• Content Count:  885

Gameplay. Lore is nice and all, but I like playing with my friends and when it comes to games like Skyrim or Red Dead, it is the games mechanics that keep me enthralled. Don't get me wrong that story still plays a role; stories will only last maybe twenty hours. Gameplay with mods or friends can last thousands of hours.

• Content Count:  800

I have to say gameplay

I play a lot of f2p shit and I prefer an intensive fight along side my team mates in a multiplayer or co op game rather than a really than the story imo

• Content Count:  3150

Gameplay. Story is good for some games, and it can make it more interesting, but overall I could care less half the time.

Go read a book if you want a story.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  175

You don't really have to choose. Great gameplay can make up for a shitty story, and vice versa. Of course, you can always play games like the last of us that have great gameplay AND a good story. But I wouldn't say one is necessarily more important than the other.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread