? servers

? players online

WORLD CUP 2014

• Content Count:  3440

A little harsh there, don't you think? But I do agree, the referee did seem a little Brazilian sided, but that's football. You're always going to have referees who favor one team more than another. For instance, look at Howard Webb. He's been kissing Manchester United ass for years, and it's pretty damn obvious, but nothing is done about it.

Having been a certified Ref for several years now. I can attest to the fact that you will run into bad refs, and refs that are biased. You will also have to make calls based on your vantage point only and sometimes you may call a trip, or other foul where there isn't one. Based on the refs position and the fact that there was contact before the "flop" I don't fault the ref for that call. Brasil IMO clearly has a better squad, but aren't playing as a cohesive unit and aren't playing anywhere near their potential.

EDIT: More talk about the game and squads. Brazil is a very talented team, and it is almost necessary for them to win the World Cup. Personally, I'd rather not have them win, but considering all the money they've spent on this event, they need to win it or else there will be all hell released in the streets. I have so many Brazilian friends explaining the amount of violence in Brazil right now because they are giving all of the money to the building of stadiums for the World Cup and stuff, instead of rather trying to take care of the poor people. If they don't win, Brazil will not be a popular tourist attraction for some time.

Although there will definitely be backlash the protests are nowhere near as violent as the media portrays them to be. Last May I was in Rio during the transit and anti-world cup riots. I was in the streets with the rioters for the transit riots. The news showed a tons of shots of looting and violent clashes, but I didn't see any of that. Later it was proven that some of the footage was old and from a completely un-related incident. So yes I think there will be a backlash if Brasil looses, it won't be near as bad as people say it will be. A majority of Brasilians stand behind their countries team and I have seen much more of a feeling of mourning than an anger filled rage when they lose.

I do not see Brazil getting far with the way they played against Croatia. They absolutely cannot continue on like that. People have considered Brazil's defense to be the best in the World, but I completely disagree. Of course, you have Thiago Silva and David Luiz in the back, but they play Marcelo and Dani Alves in the fullback positions, who aren't really known for being great defenders. Marcelo is good, not great, and Dani Alves is marginal at best. Alves is only admired because of his attacking ability as a defender, which is a good quality to have.

I agree here, the coaches have made some odd choices and the Seleção needs to come together and start playing up to their potential or they won't last much past leaving their group. (Which I'm confident they will at least make it that far)

I'd like to see Croatia bounce back from that loss and make their way out of the group. The squad consists of so many talented players, and it would be very sad to not see them pass the group stage. Players like Mandzukic, Modric, Olic, Rakitic, and Perisic make their team one that everyone is willing to watch.

I would love to see Brasil and Croatia be the teams to make out of that group.

Admittedly having lived in Brasil, having lost my virginity in a Brasilian rain forest, speaking the language and loving the country and people as much as I do, etc., etc. I clearly am biased in my opinions regarding Brasil. However I also have reasonable expectations. I am american and love my country, but also don't expect the U.S. team to do very well. They will have to play the best they ever have just to make it out of their group.

• Content Count:  5108

Fantastic game against Portugal today! Thomas Müller really had a great game, and made himself the 5th German player to score a World Cup hattrick (along with players like Gerd Müller, Klose, and Rummenigge). This German team is a lot better this time around, even though they are missing players such as Mario Gomez and Marco Reus, and I have said since the loss vs Spain back in 2010 that the Germans will take the next one! Also, a fantastic game for the defenders really, Lahm had slipped up the ball twice within the first few minutes, but nothing more afterwards. Also, Mats Hummels and Per Mertesacker always play well together, whether in their own box or the enemy team's box during a corner kick. I absolutely love the whole team's performance today, and these kind of games will put them ahead of the rest and to another World Cup final.

As for Portugal's performance, all I can really say is I expected them to play like this the whole tournament, regardless if it's teams like Germany or even teams like Ghana. They had barely qualified, they made it just by the skin of their teeth. I have this a million times, and I will say it a million more; If Portugal didn't win the World Cup in 2006 with that amazing squad they had, they will NOT win another for a very long time. Also, it was quite stupid for Pepe to go and headbutt Müller like that. He plays too aggressive, mostly for club, but now for country as well. These kind of actions are what make Pepe seem as nothing but an animal who is out for the blood of good players. He's a decent defender too, but doing stuff like that does not help at all. Therefore, I do believe he should have been sent off for that.

Anyways, here are the highlights of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuG_TlE6WU

Edited by eXtr3m3

• Content Count:  5108

Although the scoreline was one that I would have liked, I feel the United States played a terrible game. The early and late goals from Dempsey and Brooks were nice, but throughout the whole game, Ghana had practically dominated. The United States is lucky that Ghana was unable to score up until the 82nd minute, the way Ghana was playing, I had started to think that Ghana may have won 3-1 like SideArm had predicted. Luckily for the United States, they've got a great keeper and Ghana was unable to finish. I hope they can put up a good fight against Portugal on Sunday, which I hope they do. Portugal will be down three players (Pepe due to being sent off, Coentrao with a groin injury, and Hugo Almeida which seemed to look like a hamstring injury) and this can be an advantage for the United States considering the fact that two of the players who will miss out are part of Portugal's first choice defense. Also, seeing Jozy Altidore and Matt Besler leaving the pitch due to injuries isn't a good sign either. These two guys are huge contributing factors to why the United States are in the World Cup. Hopefully, they will recover quickly and maybe be back for the game against Germany on June 26th, since I doubt they will be ready for Sunday.

• Content Count:  448

Fantastic game against Portugal today! Thomas Müller really had a great game, and made himself the 5th German player to score a World Cup hattrick (along with players like Gerd Müller, Klose, and Rummenigge). This German team is a lot better this time around, even though they are missing players such as Mario Gomez and Marco Reus, and I have said since the loss vs Spain back in 2010 that the Germans will take the next one! Also, a fantastic game for the defenders really, Lahm had slipped up the ball twice within the first few minutes, but nothing more afterwards. Also, Mats Hummels and Per Mertesacker always play well together, whether in their own box or the enemy team's box during a corner kick. I absolutely love the whole team's performance today, and these kind of games will put them ahead of the rest and to another World Cup final.

As for Portugal's performance, all I can really say is I expected them to play like this the whole tournament, regardless if it's teams like Germany or even teams like Ghana. They had barely qualified, they made it just by the skin of their teeth. I have this a million times, and I will say it a million more; If Portugal didn't win the World Cup in 2006 with that amazing squad they had, they will NOT win another for a very long time. Also, it was quite stupid for Pepe to go and headbutt Müller like that. He plays too aggressive, mostly for club, but now for country as well. These kind of actions are what make Pepe seem as nothing but an animal who is out for the blood of good players. He's a decent defender too, but doing stuff like that does not help at all. Therefore, I do believe he should have been sent off for that.

Anyways, here are the highlights of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuG_TlE6WU

ARE YOU TRYING TO STEAL MY JOB????? DO THAT AGAIN AND ILL END U. jk i luv u babe

Well, Iran vs nigeria was so boring. No highlights because it ended 0-0....

US MOTHER FUCKING A impressed me with a goal under 30sec. GOD DAYUM... Ghana scored a goal but THE POWER OF FREEDOM strike back and gave another goal to The USA. final score 2-1.

Reply to Thread