? servers

? players online

When did you join Steam / What was your first game on Steam?

• Content Count:  24

Probably started around March of 2010? My first game was CSS which led me to SG. Over the summer I spent a shit ton of hours on SG, ranking up around 200 by the end of the year.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  65

I joined steam sometime in 2013. One of my good friends on PlayStation Network recommended Steam to me. He explained to me what it was and it sounded pretty cool to me, so I got an account.

As for my first game on Steam, I actually didn't purchase myself. My friend got me the package that came with Garry's Mod and Counter-Strike: Source, I enjoy them both. But I'd play Counter-Strike over Garry's Mod any day.

I know this wasn't asked, but I wanted to tell people how I found out about the Steam Gamer's community. So, when I joined Counter-Strike, I went on the server list and saw this "Jail Break" gamemode. It wasn't the Steam Gamer's jail break server, but I joined it and it was extremely fun. But the people there were annoying and stupid as hell. So I was searching through the server list for other jail break servers, and one caught my eye since it looked like this: "///Jail Break\\\." So I joined at had a great time. Majority of my CS:Source hours are spent on SG Jail Break. I actually remember freekilling a dude that wasn't inside a disco, since those were the orders, and didn't warning shot. No admins were on so I got away with it. :3 I played more and more and I met this one person who was extremely nice, Extreme Potatoes. I added him as my friend and he told me to join the community, and he had to tell me step-by-step how to. I probably wouldn't of have had been a part of Steam Gamers right now if it wasn't for Potatoes.

Thanks, Extreme Potatoes. :3

• Like 1
Edited by Wolfy
I wanted to explain how I met Steam Gamers for the first time.

• Content Count:  2001

Hard to answer the exact date because i was so young when i started. My brothers got me into it when i was around 9. My first game on steam was cs 1.6, however before that my first pc game was call of duty 2 i believe.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread