? servers

? players online

When did you join Steam / What was your first game on Steam?

• Content Count:  3440

October 2003,

But I was playing CS long before that.

Yes I played HL and CS before Steam... (insert your old jokes here)

As far as first game on Steam it was CS.

Edited by Itch

• Content Count:  102

half life came out in 1998 so i started playing like early 2000s

probably got a steam account when it was available, or when hl2 came out

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

Got stream June 2011. Joined because an Internet friend was raving about TF2 and told me it was free so I downloaded it. First game I actually bought was l4d2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3052

2009.. back then everyone i knew played Diablo 2 and Starcraft... so I really cant remember any main reason for downloading steam and then (using my mom's credit card) to buy counter strike source.. Anyway, after getting CSS I quickly learned our desktop at home could barely run it! So I cut a few wires inside the computer, removed the heatsink and when the computer stopped working I simply told my parents it was broken from being old. So we got a new desktop. After that the first server I reguallarly played in was our ZE server and fell in love.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

Well, my first account is long gone, but it was i think 2 years after SWBF2 or CoD4 Idk, was released and my first community wanted to switch to CSS.

I got CSS, first thing i did was look for "Zombie" and I found Zombie Murder.

After weeks of playing on ZM, It became SG and I signed up. GG

• Content Count:  605

Man reading all this makes me feel old lol...

I have been playing on Steam since it's very beginnings, think I signed up around November 5th 2003, 12 years of service badge :d Technically I started WAY before Steam was introduced though with good old HL1 back in 1998/1999, played CS beta for a bit, and then when CS released I played it a LOT, but then got side tracked with the original DoD mod when it was released. I got side tracked again when the original Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear games released and played those on a lobby software called M-Player, which eventually got bought out and turned into Gamespy Arcade.

Then when HL2 came out, I got pulled right back into it and CSS, etc. Then stumbled my way onto a ZombieMurder server at some point back then, and watched it evolve into SG and happy to still see it thriving now

Edited by SpaZMonKeY

Reply to Thread